Today, TeamHealth joins the nation in honoring and celebrating Black History Month. This annual observance provides an opportunity for us to reflect on the rich contributions of Black individuals throughout history and the present day. In this special month, we take pride in acknowledging the achievements, resilience, and cultural impact of the Black community especially in the healthcare industry. At TeamHealth, our leadership, clinicians and administrative staff are all committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. So, join us in commemorating Black History Month as we embrace, recognize and appreciate the diverse tapestry that makes our company and society thrive.
This month is dedicated to finding meaningful ways to engage, educate, and commemorate, as we unite in recognizing the invaluable contributions that have shaped our shared history. We encourage you to celebrate in the following ways as well:
- Educate yourself on the history, achievements, and contributions of Black individuals and communities. Read books, watch documentaries, or attend lectures and events that highlight Black history and culture.
- Include Black-owned businesses among the restaurants, shops, or service providers you support.
- Get involved in local events or volunteer for organizations that support Black communities. This could involve mentoring, tutoring, or participating in community initiatives.
- Explore and appreciate the diverse cultural expressions within the Black community. Attend performances, art exhibitions, or cultural festivals celebrating Black heritage.
- Engage in open and respectful conversations about race, diversity, and inclusion with friends, family, and colleagues. Encourage understanding and empathy.
- Take time for personal reflection and introspection about how you can contribute to a more inclusive society.
Black history is American history. Remember that celebrating it and supporting Black communities should not be limited to a single month. It’s a year-round commitment to fostering understanding and respect for all individuals. Visit our DEI page to learn more about TeamHealth’s commitments to inclusion and acceptance.