The purpose of this document is to assist Post-Acute Care clinicians and operations with COVID-19 matters specific to our arena and in doing so augment the white papers from Emergency and Hospital Medicine.
This Post-Acute Care White Paper was submitted by Michelle Benedict, ANP-BC; Esperanza Fernandez, MD; Jennifer Edgar, FNP-BC; Joseph Singerman, MD; and Amy Hillock, LPN.
Updates will be posted in the Emergency Medicine White Paper, last updated March 19, 2020, with the following updates:
- CDC Clinical Updates – o PUI – changes in criteria
- Criteria for Return to Work for Healthcare Personnel with Confirmed or Suspected COVID-19
- CMS Updates o CMS Guidance for the cancellation of Elective Surgery
- TeamHealth Guidance o Guidance for Clinicians with Underlying Medical Conditions for COVID-19
- Guidance for onsite and offsite screening areas and tents
- Guidance for the use of Telemedicine for onsite patient care
- Potential impact for ICU and ventilator resources based on CDC’s estimates
- Telehealth is very close to fruition, more to come in next few days.
- With all the information and data out there, please refer to the TeamHealth COVID-19 updates and white paper, all are to follow the CDC guidelines therein, despite health department or corporate protocols.
- PPE remains very scarce in Post-Acute, please if you are taking care of PUI or positive COVID-19 patient’s bedside, have the appropriate PPE if possible and mask at a minimum.
- Arrange schedule coverage so that clinicians are only at one facility per day.
- Podcast/information sent to all PAC service line every weekday.
Download White Paper Here