Are you a physician who excels in quality patient care and is passionate about pediatric emergency medicine and seeking an excellent work-life balance? We welcome you to our team at Jefferson Washington Township Hospital Pediatric Emergency Department (PED) in Turnersville, New Jersey, a commutable distance from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Our team of pediatric emergency medicine (EM) physicians and pediatricians at TeamHealth Jefferson Washington Township Hospital State provide care in a state-of-the-art hybrid pediatric emergency department.
- Facility requirements board certified/board eligible within 5 years of residency; PEM ABP-PEM, ABP, AOBP, active/pending New Jersey license, CDS, DEA, PALS, ACLS
- EMR: Epic
- 5,565 annual volume for pediatrics
- 24 hours of pediatric emergency physician coverage per day
- Adult EM physicians to assist with advanced airway and critical care
- Low acuity pediatric patients with the highest acuity ESI Triage Level I
- Ages birth to 18
- Fast track with advanced practice clinician coverage
- 4% admission rate
- 8 pediatric inpatient beds/manage pediatric patients until discharge
- Admit 1-2 inpatient per day with an average of 1-2 day stay
- NICU staffed with 24-hour, in-house neonatology
- No delivery room responsibilities
- Pediatricians with an interest in PEM are eligible to receive extended orientation hours prior to working independently
- CHOP, Nemours, St. Chris PICU and Cooper Hospital PICU pediatric specialists available for consults and transfers
- Medical students and PA students rotate through pediatric ED along with family medicine, orthopedic, and podiatry residents from Jefferson Health Teaching affiliate with Rowan University
California Applicant Privacy Act: https://www.teamhealth.com/california-applicant-privacy-notice/
- Position offers W-2 employee status
- Competitive compensation and night differential
- Relocation assistance
- Professional liability insurance with tail coverage
- Full-time status includes medical, dental, vision, Rx, 401k, and retirement plan
- 12-hour shift times
- Flexible scheduling
- Relocation assistance
Offering a full range of care services to Washington Township and the surrounding areas, Jefferson Washington Township Hospital is a 180-bed facility located in southwestern New Jersey near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Washington Township Hospital is a part of Jefferson Health, an extensive care network throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Recognized for its innovation and clinical excellence, Jefferson Health Hospitals are often ranked among the nation's best.
The Turnersville/Washington Township area of New Jersey is conveniently located between Philadelphia and Atlantic City, and it is considered to be one of the fastest growing areas in the state. It is a family oriented area with outstanding educational, recreational, and social activities.