TeamHealth has an excellent opportunity for a full-time internal medicine trained physician to join our stable and established hospital medicine program as a nocturnist at Hendrick Medical Center North in Abilene, Texas. Enjoy a block schedule of 7 days on, 7 days off and the support of a swing shift hospitalist, swing shift advanced practice clinician (APC), and two nocturnist APCs. You will be responsible for admissions and cross coverage on the floors at this 522-bed facility during your 7pm-7am shift. We are focused on internal medicine trained physicians only for this position.
Join a community of thousands of hospital medicine professionals to share and shape best practices. We harness a nationwide collection of tools, clinical resources and collective knowledge for our hospital medicine clinicians who provide the best for their patients. TeamHealth is one of the nation's leading healthcare organizations that specializes in hospital medicine. For more than four decades, we have honed every aspect needed to support our clinician teams so that you can do what you do best. Our leaders are some of the best in the country!
California Applicant Privacy Act: https://www.teamhealth.com/california-applicant-privacy-notice/
- Desirable and flexible schedule of 7 days on, 7 days off
- Established hospital medicine program at a busy medical center
- Collaborative practice environment
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- New compensation package offering comprehensive benefits
- $25K sign-on incentive is available for qualified clinicians
- $20K relocation bonus
- $2k per month residency stipend, if applicable
- $10K per year for 3 years ($30K total) for medical school reimbursement, if applicable
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources and CME through the TeamHealth Institute
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program and referral program
- Customized Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM) membership with access to CME, exclusive access to educational resources, professional development opportunities, live events and a dynamic online community of hospitalists who actively shape and improve the practice of hospital medicine
High-tech meets compassionate care
The Hendrick name reigns over a 522-bed medical center, a women's center, rehabilitation hospital, cancer center and numerous other innovative services. Hendrick continues to offer aggressive, innovative treatments and preventive healthcare measures ranging from services such as cancer screenings and pre-natal education courses to electro-physiology procedures and pediatric intensive care.
Great place to work, play, and live!
No matter where you come from, you will find a little bit of everything in this university city of 120,000 located on I-20 just 2.5 hours west of the Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas metro. The city offers three 4-year colleges and hosts annual events that celebrate the western lifestyle and values of the working ranch. Abilene's civic progressiveness and its logistic function as a regional center for distribution, commerce, industry, transportation, and education provide an assortment of lodging, dining, cultural, and shopping opportunities typically found only in much larger cities. Enjoy the local lakes, the arts, the Abilene zoo, and an abundance of parks. Explore why people call Abilene home!