Acute Behavioral Health Services
A stable team of in-house psychiatric hospitalists to serve your patients.
Eliminate the patchwork approach to acute behavioral health services.
It’s no secret that a lack of in-house specialty support is a growing issue for healthcare facilities across the country—and inpatient psychiatry is no exception. Patients with mental health needs requiring hospitalization often rely on community-based clinicians for care. Unfortunately, this can result in a fragmented approach that negatively impacts the patient experience and delays needed care.
Ensure greater continuity and improve the patient experience.
TeamHealth’s acute behavioral health program offers a stable approach to managing mental health services for patients who have been admitted to hospital-based or free-standing facilities. A dedicated team of psychiatric hospitalists provide support for mental health consultations—enhancing clinical effectiveness while improving patient outcomes.
Benefit from acute behavioral health services backed by one of the nation’s largest providers of hospital-based services:
- Improve clinical efficiency with an integrated team of board certified psychiatrists and advanced practice clinicians collaborating and cross covering
- Improve ED throughput for your psychiatric patients with timely psychiatric evaluations in the ED
- Reduce readmissions through effective transition phase communication
- Improve admission documentation and achieve timely discharge summaries.
- Eliminate need for census caps due to provider availability
Improve clinical outcomes and increase patient census.
Provide better care to more patients with consistent psychiatric coverage.
Positively impact inter-department quality metrics.
Promote efficient transition to next site of care with added coverage on medical floors and in the ED.
Predictable, cost-effective coverage.
Eliminate the need for expensive overnight and weekend coverage.
Increase revenue and reimbursement.
Improving admissions documentation and timely discharge summaries stimulates revenue growth.
Want to learn more about our Acute Behavioral Health services?
Connect with us