TeamHealth has named its 2016 Medical Directors of the Year and inaugural Advanced Practice Clinician of the Year. Selected by TeamHealth’s operating presidents, 10 individuals were recognized for excellence in leadership.
“We are pleased to announce and honor our 2016 Medical Directors of the Year and inaugural Advanced Practice Clinician of the Year,” said Miles Snowden, MD, chief medical officer for TeamHealth. “Through compassionate, high-quality care for patients, exemplary service for our hospital partners and outstanding leadership for their respective clinical teams, these men and women embody our deeply-rooted company philosophy to value and empower clinicians.”
The 2016 Emergency Medicine medical director honorees are:
- Bruce Harrison, MD, Parkland Health Center in Farmington, Missouri
- Madison Torrence, MD, Tennova Healthcare in Cleveland, Tennessee
- Richard “Dick” Cardosi, MD, Dearborn County Hospital in Lawrenceburg, Indiana
- Bill Sabina, MD, South County Hospital in Wakefield, Rhode Island
- Khalid A. Siddiqui, MD, Winter Haven Hospital in Winter Haven, Florida and Parrish Medical Center in Titusville, Florida
- Jill Hanck, MD, Banner Fort Collins Medical Center in Fort Collins, Colorado
The 2016 Anesthesia medical director honoree is:
- Jonathan H. Slonin, MD, Martin Health System in Stuart, Florida
The 2016 Ambulatory Care medical director honoree is:
- Janet Williams, MD, Rochester Immediate Care in Rochester, New York
The 2016 Acute Care Services medical director honoree is:
- Jose Roberto Fernandez, MD, Memorial Hospital West in Pembroke Pines, Florida
The 2016 Advanced Practice Clinician honoree is:
- Amy Farmer, PA, Western New York Immediate Care in Buffalo, New York
These winners are among the more than 19,000 healthcare professionals affiliated with TeamHealth.
At TeamHealth (NYSE: TMH), our purpose is to perfect our physicians’ ability to practice medicine, every day, in everything we do. Through our more than 19,000 affiliated physicians and advanced practice clinicians, TeamHealth offers outsourced emergency medicine, hospital medicine, critical care, anesthesiology, orthopedic hospitalist, acute care surgery, obstetrics and gynecology hospitalist, ambulatory care, post-acute care and medical call center solutions to approximately 3,500 acute and post-acute facilities and physician groups nationwide. Our philosophy is as simple as our goal is singular: we believe better experiences for physicians lead to better outcomes—for patients, hospital partners and physicians alike. Join our team; we value and empower clinicians. Partner with us; we deliver on our promises. Learn more at https://www.teamhealth.com.
The term “TeamHealth” as used throughout this release includes Team Health Holdings, Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates, affiliated medical groups and providers, all of which are part of the TeamHealth organization. “Providers” are physicians, advanced practice clinicians and other healthcare providers who are employed by or contract with subsidiaries or affiliated entities of Team Health Holdings, Inc. All such providers exercise independent clinical judgment when providing patient care. Team Health Holdings, Inc. does not have any employees, does not contract with providers and does not practice medicine.