TeamHealth, a leading physician practice, named its 2019 Dr. Gar LaSalle Medical Directors of the Year and Advanced Practice Clinician of the Year at its National Medical Leadership Conference held in Dallas, Texas. TeamHealth’s operating presidents selected 12 individuals to receive these awards for leadership excellence.
“TeamHealth is proud to recognize our 2019 Dr. Gar LaSalle Medical Directors and Advanced Practice Clinician of the Year at our national medical leadership conference,” said Miles Snowden, MD, chief medical officer for TeamHealth. “These leaders are honored for providing high-quality care to patients, exemplary service to our hospital and post-acute partners and for outstanding leadership of their clinical teams.”
The 2019 medical directors of the year honorees are:
- Ije Akunyili, MD, Northeast Group, Emergency Medicine, Waterbury Hospital in Waterbury, Connecticut
- Andrei Cernea, MD, Anesthesiology, Sibley Memorial Hospital in Washington, DC
- Anish Khanna, MD, Southeast Group, Hospitalist Services, Ocala Health System in Ocala, Florida
- Richard Liepins, DO, Post-Acute Care, multiple post-acute care facilities in Wichita, Kansas
- Michael Londner, MD, Midwest Group, Emergency Medicine, Berkeley Medical Center in Martinsburg, West Virginia
- Abdul Mondul, MD, Northeast Group, Hospitalist Services, Chilton Medical Center in Pompton Plains, New Jersey
- Jonathan Scherl, MD, Specialty Hospitalist, orthopedic trauma surgery, Lehigh Valley Hospital–Pocono in East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
- Brooke Shepard, MD, Southeast Group, Emergency Medicine, South Florida Baptist Hospital in Plant City, Florida
- Ben Thompson, MD, Midwest Group, Hospitalist Services, Baptist Health in Paducah, Kentucky
- Steven Walker, MD, West Group, Hospitalist Services, Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center in Houston, Texas
- Roger Wu, MD, West Group, Emergency Medicine, Adventist Health Lodi Memorial Hospital in Lodi, California
The 2019 advanced practice clinician of the year honoree is:
- Amanda Nichols, PA-C, Southeast Group, Trident Heath Systems in Charleston, South Carolina
These honorees are representative of more than 16,000 healthcare professionals affiliated with TeamHealth.
TeamHealth’s annual Medical Director of the Year program was established in 2002 by Dr. Gar LaSalle, the company’s first chief medical officer. As an innovative leader, Dr. LaSalle established a robust risk management program and leadership development training for clinical leaders.
At TeamHealth, our purpose is to perfect the practice of medicine, every day, in everything we do. We are proud to be the leading physician practice in the U.S., driven by our commitment to quality and safety and supported by our world-class operating team. To improve the experience of our physicians and advanced practice clinicians, we empower clinicians to act on what they believe is right, free clinicians from distractions so they can focus on patient care, invest in learning and development to promote growth in the clinical field and foster an environment where continuous improvement is a shared priority. Through our more than 16,000 affiliated healthcare professionals and advanced practice clinicians, TeamHealth offers emergency medicine, hospital medicine, critical care, anesthesiology, orthopedic surgery, general surgery, obstetrics, ambulatory care, post-acute care and medical call center solutions to more than 3,000 acute and post-acute facilities and physician groups nationwide. Join our team; we value and empower clinicians. Partner with us; we deliver on our promises. Learn more at www.teamhealth.com.
The term “TeamHealth” as used throughout this release includes Team Health Holdings, Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates, affiliated medical groups and providers, all of which are part of the TeamHealth organization. “Providers” are physicians, advanced practice clinicians and other healthcare providers who are employed by or contract with subsidiaries or affiliated entities of Team Health Holdings, Inc. All such providers exercise independent clinical judgment when providing patient care. Team Health Holdings, Inc., does not have any employees, does not contract with providers and does not practice medicine.