TeamHealth has a new nocturnist opening at St. David's South Austin Medical Center in Austin, Texas. This is an established program between TeamHealth and HCA staffed with internal medicine hospitalists and nocturnists that are all local to Austin. Our physicians work a traditional 7-on, 7-off schedule with shifts from 7am to 7pm for our daytime hospitalists and brand new admitter shift.
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is a Level II trauma designated facility with 368 beds, open ICU, and our physicians are not required to do procedures. During the day shift (7a-7p) there are a total of 2 APCs and 8 physicians working; 7 of the rounding physicians with 1 admitter (each day-hospitalist does this every 3-4 months) and at night we have 2 nocturnists (7p-7a). The daily rounding census averages around 22 encounters per physician, expecting 15-16 admissions for the AM admitter and APCs and there are on average 16-18 admissions at night that are covered by 2 nocturnist physicians. The EMR at all campuses is Meditech.
California Applicant Privacy Act: https://www.teamhealth.com/california-applicant-privacy-notice/
- Comprehensive benefits package with health insurance and optional dental and vision insurance
- Paid professional liability insurance including tail coverage
- Sign-on bonus
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program and referral program
- Association with a leading clinician practice in the U.S.
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Customized Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM) membership with access to CME, exclusive access to educational resources, professional development opportunities, live events and a dynamic online community of hospitalists who actively shape and improve the practice of hospital medicine
- Practice with confidence as a member of TeamHealth's national Patient Safety Organization
St. David's South Austin Medical Center
St. David's South Austin Medical Center provides comprehensive care to South Austin and its surrounding communities. Built in 1982, the facility is nationally recognized for its cardiac program, and provides a fully renovated maternity unit with Level I and Level II nurseries as well as a thriving 24/7 emergency department.
Live Music Capital of the World
Austin, Texas, is a superb place with everything you need to live in paradise! The state capital of Texas is respectfully named after Stephen F. Austin, the founder of Texas. The Texas State Capital offers everyone daily free tours for an unique experience on Texas history. This city is famously known for its eccentric art and music scene which is represented all over the city like Baylor Street and at the many museums. One top Downtown Austin hot spot is the 6th Street district where you can savor some of the nation's best microbreweries and restaurants. Go for a hike in the gateway to the hill country along scenic streams, waterfalls, and the popular swimming hole at Barton Springs Pool. In addition, Lake Travis is one popular lively attraction that offers boating, swimming, kayaking, and even its very own zip-line adventure park!