Grow your career with TeamHealth! We have an assistant medical director opportunity for a pediatric emergency medicine (PEM) physician in Edison, New Jersey. If you are a board certified/board eligible pediatric emergency medicine (EM) physician with an interest in a leadership role under a terrific mentor, you are just right for our team! U.S. News & World Report has ranked Hackensack University Medical Center the number one adult and children's hospitals in New Jersey.
Come join our dynamic group of physician colleagues at a premiere practice location that serves 20,000 pediatric patients annually!
- Medical staff requirements: board certified/board eligible in pediatric emergency medicine (PEM)
- EMR: EPIC
- 14 private ED pediatric beds
- 12% admission rate
- 24 hours pediatric emergency medicine physician coverage per day
- 10 hours of pediatric advanced practice clinician coverage per day
- 5 bed pediatric ICU with 24 hour in-house pediatric hospital medicine team
- Unique opportunity to choose (1099) independent contractor status or employee status (which includes comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability)
- CME opportunities through the TeamHealth Institute
- Professional liability insurance and tail coverage provided by TeamHealth
- Relocation assistance
- Excellent work/life balance with flexible online scheduling
- Local PEM leadership support
Since 1967, JFK Medical Center has earned the reputation as one of New Jersey's premier health care facilities. JFK offers a complete array of advanced services including general and specialized surgery, cardiac care, maternity, pediatrics and much more. A 498-bed community hospital, JFK provides award-winning care to several counties in central New Jersey; JFK has been recognized and awarded for its excellence in maternity care, oncology, bariatric surgery, stroke care, emergency medicine and cardiology. JFK Medical Center is a part of Hackensack Meridian Health, ranked among the state's top performing health systems for quality; Hackensack Meridian Health was the first health system to receive Magnet designation for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center and one of few nationally to receive the prestigious John M. Eisenberg Award for Patient Safety and Quality.
Historic community with easy access to Staten Island and NYC
Situated along the Raritan Bay Harbor and Raritan River, Edison, New Jersey, is a growing township, boasting a scenic location, with easy access to exciting metropolitan areas including New Brunswick and Staten Island, New York. Most famously known as the home of Thomas Edison's Menlo Park Laboratory, where the invention of the light bulb was perfected and sound was first recorded, Edison offers a rich history with plenty of museums and landmarks to explore. Get outdoors and explore one of the areas many local parks, or enjoy boating and sailing on Raritan Bay and the Raritan River. Escape to Staten Island or New York City for the weekend, where beaches, Broadway, upscale shopping, culinary explorations and more await!