Prattville Baptist Medical Center is seeking a highly skilled and experienced emergency medicine physician to join our dynamic team of healthcare professionals. The ideal candidate will be board-certified in emergency medicine and have experience working in a busy emergency department setting. The successful candidate will be responsible for diagnosing and treating patients with a wide range of acute medical conditions, including trauma, cardiac events, respiratory distress, and other emergencies.
- 27,000 patient volume annually
- Daily physician coverage: 36
- Daily APC coverage: 50
- Hospital beds: 50
- ED beds: 17
- Fast track: No
- Trauma level: III
- Board requirements: board certified
- Board specialties required: emergency medicine or primary care specialties
- Certifications required: ACLS ATLS PALS
- Hospital medicine program: No
- Acuity level: Medium
- Admission rate: 11.8%
- Board-certified in emergency medicine
- Candidates with board-certification in family/internal medicine with EM experience also accepted
- Valid medical license in the state of Alabama
- ACLS, PALS, and ATLS certification
- Strong diagnostic and treatment skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated commitment to providing high-quality patient care
- Work/life balance
- Recently increased rates
- 1099 model
- Collaborative practice environment
- Paid professional liability insurance
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician physician practice in U.S.
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources and CME through TeamHealth Institute
- Leadership and growth opportunities
Prattville Baptist Hospital
Prattville Baptist Hospital is an acute care, 85-bed community hospital, accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (TJC). Originally built in 1952 by two local physicians, Prattville Baptist Hospital has grown to offer a full range of high-quality healthcare services to residents throughout Autauga and Elmore counties. As a progressive, community focused facility, we combine the latest advancements in medical technology with warm, compassionate care. In addition to general medical and surgical care, Prattville Baptist Hospital offers a variety of specialty services like cardiopulmonary services, emergency services, radiology, a Dialysis Center and a Sleep Disorders Center.
Located northwest of Montgomery, Prattville, Alabama, is a city in Autauga and Elmore Counties. A charming New England-style village nestled in the heart of the Deep South and the "birthplace of industry" in Alabama, Prattville's rich history spans the life and accomplishments of its founder Daniel Pratt, the great industrialist. Prattville features the Daniel Pratt Historic District, listed in the National Register of Historic Places, where some of the sites date back to the Civil War era. Nicknamed The Fountain City due to the many artesian wells in the area, Prattville boasts a wide variety of natural and recreational attractions, including golfing, canoeing, hiking, fishing and other means of entertainment. Prattville's cultural and retail attractions, numerous antique and specialty stores, and excellent dining establishments are sure to please almost any taste.