TeamHealth has an excellent opportunity to grow your career as a physical medicine and rehabilitation specialist in Knoxville, Tennessee. If you live near Asbury, Rockford, Louisville, or Amherst this is a perfect opportunity for you.
The role of the board-certified rehabilitation and physical medicine specialist is key in the growth and quality of care a patient receives while in a post-acute rehab and long-term care. You will work collaboratively with the primary care physician, advanced practice clinician (APC), behavioral healthcare specialist, and therapy team to enhance a patient's stay by setting realistic goals to help patients return to their prior level of function and get back to living their best quality of life.
As our population ages the opportunity for this specialty has huge potential for growth and is full of rewards. Don't miss this opening in Knoxville. Apply today and be a part of our growing team.
Below is a list of some of the medical services our physiatrists provide:
- Treatment for spasticity or pain that limits function
- Prescribe adaptive devices for safety
- Reduce opioid use through the use of alternative medication and modalities
- Educate staff on all aspects of the rehabilitation process
- On-site joint and trigger point injections
- Customize your own schedule to create your ideal work/life balance
- No primary night call
- Flex time
- Unmatched flexibility
- Sign-on bonus and relocation incentives available
- Highly competitive base salary and uncapped monthly bonuses
- Excellent comprehensive benefits package
- Paid professional liability insurance with tail coverage
- 70-day onboarding program with MIPS training and support
- Educational opportunities through TeamHealth and AMDA
- Well-developed infrastructure with extensive back-office support
- EMR training and support
- Growth opportunities into local and national leadership positions
- Company issued iPad with gEHRimed and Dragon
- Opportunities to collaborate with other clinicians
A growing city in the Great Smoky Mountains!
Home to The University of Tennessee and the corporate headquarters of many national companies, Knoxville offers excellent public schools, a low cost of living and no state income tax. Add to those perks, endless outdoor recreation opportunities, a growing culinary scene, great family entertainment availability and an active music scene that includes the Knoxville Symphony Orchestra. With more than 100 miles of greenways and bike trails, Knoxville is the outdoor enthusiast's dream. Go paddle boarding or kayaking with friends on the Tennessee River or in one of the many local lakes and quarries, or skip over to south Knoxville's Urban Wilderness for paved and off-road biking trails. For those looking for a challenge, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park is just an hour away with access to the famous Appalachian Trail! Outdoor activities, however, are just part of the fun this city offers. Its growing downtown area features restaurants, shopping, pubs and much more. Stop by the vintage Phoenix Pharmacy and Fountain for root beer floats or sundaes, go bowling at Maple Hall where you can enjoy delicious cocktails and appetizers, or eat at one of the many regionally recognized restaurants. This mid-sized city has much to explore and offers easy access to other large cities like Chattanooga, Asheville, Nashville, Atlanta and Lexington.