Exciting opportunity to work at New York State's first brand new hospital in many years! If you are a board certified/board eligible emergency medicine (EM) physician with an interest in a full-time role, you are just right for our team! Join our team at the new state-of-the-art hospital, MVHS-Wynn Hospital, which opened its doors October 29, 2023. Wynn Hospital is located in the heart of downtown Utica, New York. There is exciting development occurring in Oneida County with the construction of the Wynn Hospital, the Nexus Entertainment Center, new high-tech businesses moving in and great new restaurants. Please take a look, we would love to have you on our team!
- New grads welcome
- Enhanced sign-on bonus with full-time commitment
- Anticipated volume 72,000, new ED will support 90,000
- 47 ED treatment spaces (ED exam, quick turn, and trauma), six behavioral health ED treatment rooms and 10 observation beds
- Level III Trauma Center, cardiac center, and Primary Stroke Center, with specialty backup support, and eliport
- 78 hours of physician coverage per day
- 41 hours of APC coverage
- EMR: Epic
- Board certified/board eligible ABEM/AOBEM or board certified family medicine (FM) or internal medicine (IM) with 5 years EM experience
- Work a flexible schedule with a fair share of day and night shifts or work as dedicated nocturnist with increased compensation
California Applicant Privacy Act: https://www.teamhealth.com/california-applicant-privacy-notice/
- 1099 independent contractor status
- Professional liability insurance with tail coverage
- Sign-on bonus with full-time commitment
- Relocation assistance
- New York state-required CMEs, and ACEP/ACFM/ACIM emergency medicine CME are available, at no cost to our physicians through TeamHealth Learning Institute
- Exceptional local and regional emergency medicine leadership support
- Access to TeamHealth partnerships that offer the ability to secure benefits, additional insurances, tax planning, asset protection, investment options, and retirement plans
Utica starts with you!
Just a short drive away from Syracuse and beautiful Adirondack Park, Utica is considered to be the socio-economic hub of Oneida County and offers small-town charm, abundant industry, affordable housing, ample recreational opportunities, and a culturally diverse community. Located in Central New York and at the foot of the Adirondack Mountains, Utica offers plenty of outdoor activities for every season. Take a trip to the Utica Zoo or catch an AHL Utica Comets game. During warm months enjoy water sports at Lake Ontario, Lake Erie, or the Finger Lakes. During the cold months, enjoy winter sports like ice skating, snowboarding, ice fishing, hockey and skiing.