Orthopedic and General SurgeryPLAY: Surgical Services’ commitment to patient care and clinician growth
Quality patient care and physician-led practice model
TeamHealth offers an innovative approach to practicing medicine as a surgeon. Our surgeons are empowered to make the right decisions for their patients. As a surgeon with TeamHealth you will be able to focus on patient care and the medicine you want to practice, without the distractions of administrative responsibilities.
TeamHealth surgeons are supported through:
- Professional development tools, educational resources and CME through TeamHealth Institute
- Physician-led practice
- Attractive scheduling models and protected workload for healthy work/life balance
- A nationwide network of thousands of clinicians collaborating and sharing best practices for patient care
- Leadership and growth opportunities to further your career
- Access to TeamHealth’s clinician wellness program
- LiveWell WorkLife services assists with everything from financial planning to childcare
- Competitive compensation and benefits
Focus on Medicine
We recognize you are a physician and taking care of patients comes first. TeamHealth removes the distractions of running a business, allowing you to focus on delivering great patient care. Our surgical teams are supported with a set of in-depth online education tools, evidence-based data, a network of thousands of other clinicians and more to create a laser-sharp focus resulting in the best possible patient care.
Perfecting Your Practice
Instead of conforming to a rigid practice model, we craft a solution-focused environment built around the specific challenges and opportunities physicians face day-to-day. We back our surgeons with evidence-based data to advance their skills and practice. Through targeting our surgery team’s precise needs, we’re able to improve the quality of care for patients in our department.
Plan Work Around Your Life
Provide excellent patient care on a schedule that allows time off to enjoy life. As a TeamHealth surgeon you’ll have a confirmed work schedule each month, so you don’t need to worry about the interruptions of call coverage when you’re not on shift.
Grow Your Career
As a TeamHealth physician, you have access to a community of over 15,000 affiliated clinicians to support your clinical development, including resources to become the leader of a future program. With physicians at every level of leadership at TeamHealth, we are dedicated to providing opportunities and resources to help those who aspire to grow their professional development and leadership career.
Who We Are
At TeamHealth, our purpose is to perfect the practice of medicine, every day, in everything we do. We are proud to be a leading physician practice in the U.S., driven by our commitment to quality and safety and supported by our world-class operating team. Through our more than 15,000 affiliated healthcare professionals and advanced practice clinicians, TeamHealth offers emergency medicine, hospital medicine, critical care, anesthesiology, orthopedic surgery, general surgery, OB/GYN hospitalist, ambulatory care, post-acute care and medical call center solutions to approximately 3,100 acute and post-acute facilities and physician groups nationwide.
The results speak for themselves
- We love talking about what we do, but when it comes to demonstrating the impact we’ve had in orthopedic surgery and general surgery, we thought some figures might be just what the doctor ordered.
- Named Becker’s Hospital Review “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- 15,000 affiliated clinicians
- High job satisfaction with a 93% physician retention rate