TeamHealth, one of the nation’s largest providers of outsourced physician staffing solutions for hospitals, has named its 2015 Medical Directors of the Year. Selected by TeamHealth’s operating presidents, nine individuals were recognized for excellence in physician leadership.
“We are pleased to announce and honor our 2015 Medical Directors of the Year,” said Miles Snowden, MD, chief medical officer for TeamHealth. “These distinguished men and women personify physician leadership as they provide compassionate, high-quality care for patients, excellent service for our hospital partners and outstanding leadership for their respective clinical teams.”
The 2015 Emergency Medicine medical director honorees are:
- Victoria Corbin, DO, Deaconess Hospital in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Thomas Isenovski, DO, St. Mary’s Healthcare in Amsterdam, New York
- Kenneth Moore, MD, Nash General Hospital in Rocky Mount, North Carolina
- Otto Charles Susec Jr., MD, St. Mary’s Health System Evansville in Evansville, Indiana and St. Mary’s Health System Warrick in Boonville, Indiana
- David A. Wein, MD, Tampa General Hospital in Tampa, Florida
The 2015 Hospital Medicine medical director honoree is:
- Mark A. McElhannon, MD, Redmond Regional Medical Center in Rome, Georgia
The 2015 Anesthesia medical director honoree is:
- Alan Gwertzman, MD, Holy Name Medical Center in Teaneck, New Jersey
The 2015 Specialty Hospitalist medical director honoree is:
- Khadeja Haye, MD, Piedmont Fayette Hospital in Fayetteville, Georgia
The 2015 Urgent Care medical director honoree is:
- Howard Linzer, DO, EPN Urgent Care in Naples, Florida
These winners are among the more than 13,000 healthcare professionals who are affiliated with TeamHealth.
TeamHealth (Knoxville, Tennessee ) (NYSE: TMH) is one of the largest providers of outsourced physician staffing solutions for hospitals in the United States. Through its 21 regional locations and multiple service lines, TeamHealth’s more than 13,000 affiliated healthcare professionals provide emergency medicine, hospital medicine, anesthesia, urgent care, and pediatric staffing and management services to approximately 990 civilian and military hospitals, clinics, and physician groups in 47 states. In 2015, TeamHealth was named among “The World’s Most Admired Companies” by Fortune magazine and among “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” by Becker’s Hospital Review. In 2014, TeamHealth was named among “America’s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies” by Forbes magazine. The term “TeamHealth” as used throughout this release includes TeamHealth and all of its related entities, divisions, subsidiaries and affiliated physicians and physician groups. For more information about TeamHealth, visit www.teamhealth.com.
The term “TeamHealth” as used throughout this release includes Team Health Holdings, Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates, affiliated medical groups and providers, all of which are part of the TeamHealth organization. “Providers” are physicians, advanced practice clinicians and other healthcare providers who are employed by or contract with subsidiaries or affiliated entities of Team Health Holdings, Inc. All such providers exercise independent clinical judgment when providing patient care. Team Health Holdings, Inc. does not have any employees, does not contract with providers and does not practice medicine.