Further your career with our part-time practice opportunity for an internal medicine or family practice physician to join our inpatient primary care team in Westerly, Rhode Island. This is an excellent opportunity to work full-time or part-time depending on your schedule. Enjoy a flexible schedule built around your personal needs and preferences while providing primary care to patients in skilled nursing facilities. Care for a mix of higher acuity and long-term custodial residents.
TeamHealth offers access to CME and professional development through the TeamHealth Institute, a great work-life balance that gives you quality time with family and friends, and the potential to further your career by growing into local, regional and national leadership positions. We support our clinician teams so that you can do what you do best: provide unmatched patient care. We are physician-driven, patient-focused and provide ample opportunities for growth as you develop your career in post-acute medicine.
At TeamHealth, our purpose is to perfect our clinicians’ ability to practice medicine, every day, in everything we do. Our philosophy is as simple as our goal is singular: we believe better experiences for clinicians lead to better outcomes—for patients, partners, and physicians alike.
- Support of a physician, behavioral health clinicians and a regional leadership team
- Documentation in gEHRimed is available remotely and ensures you are in step with other clinicians
- Practice at the top of your license—enjoy autonomy when caring for your patients
- Protected orientation time with best-in-class clinical training and 90 days of mentorship
- Backing of the leading provider of facilities-based medicine and largest network of post-acute care clinicians
- Dynamic field of healthcare with significant opportunities to innovate and improve patient care
- Professional development opportunities through the TeamHealth Institute
- Stability of a respected industry leader
Why TeamHealth Post-acute Care?
As the leading provider of facilities-based medicine, TeamHealth’s Post-acute Care program is the largest network of post-acute care clinicians. Our team is comprised of more than 1,500 primary care and behavioral health clinicians in more than 31 states. Our post-acute care clinicians receive best-in class orientation and training, a dedicated EHR system and access to ongoing clinical education.
Historic Beach Destination
Located in the southwest corner of the state, Westerly is a community that offers a quality of life that's second to none. With a population of less than 25,000, its residents reap the benefits of small-town living, but also have proximity to urban areas like Boston and New York City. Westerly's 55 historic sites, along with its well-preserved downtown architecture, add to the cultural ambiance of the town. Residents enjoy rowing, swimming, ocean sailing, fishing and hiking, as well as seven miles of sandy beaches.