Advance your leadership career as a full-time system medical director (SMD) at Mission Hospital in Asheville, North Carolina. This is a leadership position with oversite over multiple sites and programs. The SMD role will oversee six hospitals and their facility medical directors as well as will serve as the facility medical director over Mission Health Hospital located in the heart of Asheville. Enjoy a Monday-Friday administrative schedule with the option to pick up clinical shifts.
As the system medical director you will oversee communications between multi-service lines and multi-sites to ensure a smooth patient experience throughout the hospital visit. You will also oversee and support clinical and non-clinical activities provided by Mission hospitalists program which is more than 45 physicians strong. Gain experience maintaining the established partnership between TeamHealth and the Mission Health facilities, resulting in the highest quality of patient care.
As a TeamHealth clinical leader, you will receive support services, networks of communication, educational resources and access to join a community of thousands of professionals to share and shape best practices. We harness a nationwide collection of tools, clinical resources and collective knowledge for our clinicians who provide the best for their patients.
At TeamHealth, our purpose is to perfect our clinicians’ ability to practice medicine, every day, in everything we do. Our philosophy is as simple as our goal is singular: we believe better experiences for clinicians lead to better outcomes—for patients, partners, and physicians alike.
- Employed opportunity with access to full medical, dental and vision benefits
- Access to leadership development programs such as Leadership Education and Development (LEAD), Coach Development Academy (CDA), National Medical Leadership Conference (NMLC) and diversity and inclusion programs
- Administrative stipend + clinical shift pay
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources and CME through TeamHealth Institute
- Medical practice insurance coverage
- Association with a leading physician practice in the U.S.
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Leadership and growth opportunities to further your career
- Access to TeamHealth’s clinician wellness program
Mission Hospital in Asheville, North Carolina, is Mission Health's flagship hospital and is an 815-bed facility. Mission Hospital is the regional referral center for tertiary and quaternary care and the region's only Level II trauma center. Mission Health operates six hospitals and numerous outpatient and surgery centers and is North Carolina's sixth-largest health system. In 2018, Mission Health was named one of the nation's top 15 health systems for the sixth time by IBM Watson Health. With approximately 12,000 team members and 2,000 volunteers, Mission Health is dedicated to improving the health and wellness of the people of western North Carolina.
Gardens, waterfalls, and more!
Asheville is a city in western North Carolina's Blue Ridge Mountains. It's known for a vibrant arts scene and historic architecture, including the dome-topped Basilica of Saint Lawrence. The Downtown Art District is filled with galleries and museums to explore. Asheville has many hiking trails and Pisgah National Park to view many of the city's waterfalls and landscape.