TeamHealth has an exciting opportunity for a full-time experienced academic Emergency Medicine physician to lead our team as Emergency Medicine Residency Program Director at Mission Hospital located in Asheville, North Carolina.
The ideal candidate will oversee the development, application and the maintenance of certification of the program in compliance with Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) requirements and the Policies and Procedures of the Sponsoring Institution. This leadership opportunity will be available starting spring 2021 with the program scheduled to open June 2022.
Candidates must possess excellent interpersonal, administrative, and team-building skills. You will enjoy having complete hospital dedication and financial support for developing a top-quality program.
• Clinical Teaching and Supervision of Residents
• Core Program Clinical Teaching
• General Administration
• GME Committees/Meetings
• GME Lecturing/Teaching Conferences
• GME Recruiting/Interviewing
• GME Research/Scholarly Activity
• Resident Evaluation/Mentoring
• Program Evaluation
• Board Certified in Emergency Medicine
• Have previous leadership / administrative experience
• Be willing to combine Administrative and Diagnostic (teaching) Responsibilities (50/50)
• Have strong administrative and team building skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Must have five years of participation as an active faculty member in an ACGME-accredited emergency medicine residency program, and at least three years of graduate medical education administrative experience prior to appointment.
Candidates with recent scholarly activity such as peer reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer-reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publication or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees or educations organizations highly encouraged to apply.
- Employed opportunity with access to full medical, dental and vision benefits
- Access to leadership development programs such as Leadership Education and Development (LEAD), Coach Development Academy (CDA), National Medical Leadership Conference (NMLC) and diversity and inclusion programs
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources and CME through TeamHealth Institute
- Medical practice insurance coverage
- Association with a leading physician practice in the U.S.
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Leadership and growth opportunities to further your career
- Access to TeamHealth’s clinician wellness program
Mission Hospital in Asheville, North Carolina, is Mission Health’s flagship hospital and is an 815-bed facility. Mission Hospital is the regional referral center for tertiary and quaternary care and the region’s only Level II trauma center. Mission Health operates six hospitals and numerous outpatient and surgery centers and is North Carolina’s sixth-largest health system. In 2018, Mission Health was named one of the nation’s top 15 health systems for the sixth time by IBM Watson Health. With approximately 12,000 team members and 2,000 volunteers, Mission Health is dedicated to improving the health and wellness of the people of western North Carolina.
Gardens, waterfalls, and more!
Asheville is a city in western North Carolina's Blue Ridge Mountains. It's known for a vibrant arts scene and historic architecture, including the dome-topped Basilica of Saint Lawrence. The Downtown Art District is filled with galleries and museums to explore. Asheville has many hiking trails and Pisgah National Park to view many of the city's waterfalls and landscape.