Live where you want. Practice where you’re needed. Join a team of an elite travel physicians, as a full-time TeamHealth Special Operations Hospitalist, who provide care in locations across the U.S. As part of the team, you’ll gain a challenging, yet flexible career working in a diverse range of practice settings – all while gaining first-class experience and an excellent compensation package.
As a part of our Special Operations Hospitalist team, you will assist with hospitalist coverage across the Southeast in the locations of Georgia, Florida, Virginia, South Carolina, Tennessee, North Carolina, Kentucky, Mississippi, Louisiana and Arkansas. Our Special Ops physician can practice in a variety of settings including small, rural facilities or large, regional care centers. TeamHealth supports you with licensure, travel, mentorship, credentialing support, leadership training and an excellent compensation package. And when you’re off – you’re off, to enjoy your favorite activities outside of medicine.
To join this elite Hospitalist Special Ops physician team, you should be board certified in internal medicine, able to round on 18-20 patients on a 12-hour shift and have flexibility in covering both day and night schedules. In addition, Special Ops physicians should be comfortable in a variety of practice settings and easily create good relationships with nursing and administrative staff.
At TeamHealth, our purpose is to perfect the practice of medicine, every day, in everything we do.
- First-class experience with first-class pay
- Practice across your region but live where you want
- Independent Contractor status
- Full-time position with 130 hours per month (11 shifts)
- Excellent alternative to locums with guaranteed shifts/hours
- Various practice settings with appropriate patient census
- Professional liability insurance with tail coverage
- Sign-on bonus and potential annual retention bonus available
- Outstanding risk management program
- Support of national network of hospitalist experts
- Reimbursement for licensure, certifications and travel
- LiveWell WorkLife services includes an associate assistance program and other emotional wellbeing initiatives
- Access to educational resources, professional development tools and free CME through TeamHealth Institute
Special Ops Physician
Special Ops team members are credentialed at multiple hospital medicine client sites within a specified region. A Special Ops team member must be adaptive and possess excellent communication skills and a team-player attitude. Flexibility and the ability to travel is a must. Ability to perform procedures is a plus. Willingness to work nights, weekends and some holidays is required and we offer very flexible schedules to accommodate your lifestyle!
Everything to do in Orlando
Whether you want to live out your second childhood or just want to find a great place to raise your children, Orlando offers options beyond your dreams. Home to Disneyworld, Universal Studios, and Sea World, Orlando is a premier travel destination for visitors from around the globe. Orlando is also a great place to live. Employment Review names Orlando as one of the best places to live and work in America; Wall Street Journal recognizes Orlando as one of the best cities to earn and save money in America; and Child magazine endorses Orlando as one of the five best cities for families. Although known for its high-tech savvy and vibrant business community, the natural beauty of central Florida shines through in Orlando with lakeside communities that feature abundant recreational opportunities and some of the best bass fishing and water skiing in the world. Outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy the year-round warm weather. No matter where you are coming from, Orlando will not disappoint you. Located in the middle of the state between the Gulf of Mexico and Atlantic Ocean, Orlando gives you the best of both worlds.