Do you have a passion for geriatric patients and enjoy solving complex medical problems within an interdisciplinary medical team? Do you enjoy working autonomously and thrive in a leadership role? TeamHealth has the perfect opportunity for you. This full-time medical director role will include patient care rounding and medical director duties in a post-acute care setting in a skilled nursing facility located in Port Orchard, Washington. You will round approximately Monday through Friday with the flexibility to set up your own daily schedule.
- Primary care rounding in skilled nursing facilities
- Manage chronic disease, diagnosis illness and medical conditions, and implement plan of care
- Collaborate with clinicians, facility leaders and others regarding care and services
- Build relationships with your patients, patients’ family members, and facility staff to facilitate effective treatment delivery
- Medical director duties for assigned facility
- Provide oversight, guidance, and mentorship to our clinicians
- Conduct clinical case reviews, as needed and share tools, information, and guidelines as they relate to quality of care
- Represent TeamHealth on appropriate external levels engaging and establishing/maintaining relationships within the post-acute care community
- Collaborate with leadership to review care coordination initiatives, develop collaborative intervention plans, and share ideas about network management issues
- Critical thinking
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Strong work ethic
- Empathy, compassion and ability to connect and engage with your senior patients and family
- Human touch
- 2+ years of primary care experience w/ preference given to those with post-acute care experience
- Experience in a VA setting a plus
- Leadership background a plus, but not required; training will be provided
- Active and unrestricted Washington license or application in process
- Active and unrestricted DEA or application in process
Our compensation is a productivity-based model (Fee for Service) that offers you control to maximize your income potential. Expected compensation is estimated salary range of $289,000 to $344,864 annually.
If you are looking to take back control of your work/life balance, are passionate about patient care, apply today to be considered for this fantastic role!
California Applicant Privacy Act: https://www.teamhealth.com/california-applicant-privacy-notice/
- Flexible rounding schedule
- Uncapped earning potential
- Paid professional liability insurance with tail coverage
- Leadership and growth opportunities to further your career
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources and CME through TeamHealth Institute
Why TeamHealth Post-Acute Care?
TeamHealth has been in operation for over 40 years and as the leading provider of facilities-based medicine, TeamHealth's post-acute care program is the largest network of post-acute care clinicians. Our team is comprised of more than 1,500 primary care and behavioral health clinicians in more than 31 states. Our post-acute program is built around a team that coordinates care across skilled nursing, long-term care, nursing homes, assisted living facilities and rehabilitation facilities. We deliver care to post-acute patients at over 2000 post-acute facilities. Our post-acute clinicians help us prevent avoidable readmissions, improve alignment between post-acute and acute facilities, and promote successful care transitions to deliver a higher standard of patient care. Our post-acute care clinicians receive best-in-class orientation and training, a dedicated EHR system and access to ongoing clinical education. TeamHealth has the resources to support you growing a strong practice and provide you with an excellent work/life balance. We are offering an exciting opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest growing fields in healthcare today.
Busy Waterfront Community
Port Orchard is a busy waterfront community and popular tourist destination for business and leisure travelers. Bay Street, located a short block from the waterfront park, marina, and foot ferry, is lined with antique, repurposed-redeemed, and gift shops. Port Orchard features an award-winning chocolatier/bakery, cafes, pubs, and attractions many with outdoor seating. During the summer there are several free events, including family concerts, parades, fireworks, and festivals.