Do you have a passion for geriatric patients and enjoy solving complex medical problems within an interdisciplinary medical team? Do you enjoy working autonomously? TeamHealth has the perfect opportunity for you. This full-time primary care role will include patient care rounding in a post-acute care setting in a skilled nursing facility located in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area. You will round five days a week with the flexibility to choose your rounding schedule.
- Primary care rounding in a skilled nursing facility
- Manage chronic disease, diagnosis illness and medical conditions, and implement plan of care
- Collaborate with clinicians, facility leaders and others regarding care and services
- Build relationships with your patients, patients’ family members, and facility staff to facilitate effective treatment delivery
- Provide oversight, guidance, and mentorship to our nurse practitioners
- Conduct clinical case reviews, as needed and share tools, information, and guidelines as they relate to quality of care
- Represent TeamHealth on appropriate external levels engaging and establishing/maintaining relationships within the post-acute care community
- Collaborate with leadership to review care coordination initiatives, develop collaborative intervention plans, and share ideas about network management issues
- Excellent clinical skills
- Critical thinking
- Excellent communication skills
- Team Player
- Strong work ethic
- Empathy, compassion and ability to connect and engage with your senior patients and family
- 1+ years primary care experience required
- Active and unrestricted Pennsylvania license or application in process
- Active and unrestricted DEA/prescriptive authority or application in process
Our compensation is a productivity-based model (fee for service) that offers you control to maximize your income potential. Expected compensation is estimated salary range of $180,000 to $200,000 annually.
If you are looking to take back control of your work/life balance, are passionate about patient care, apply today to be considered for this fantastic role!
California Privacy Act: https://www.teamhealth.com/california-applicant-privacy-notice/
- Flexible rounding schedule
- Uncapped earning potential
- Paid professional liability insurance with tail coverage
- Leadership and growth opportunities to further your career
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources and CME through TeamHealth Institute
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Access to TeamHealth’s clinician wellness and referral program
Why TeamHealth Post-Acute Care?
TeamHealth has been in operation for over 40 years and as the leading provider of facilities-based medicine, TeamHealth’s Post-acute Care program is the largest network of post-acute care clinicians. Our team is comprised of more than 1,500 primary care and behavioral health clinicians in more than 31 states. Our post-acute program is built around a team that coordinates care across skilled nursing, long-term care, nursing homes, assisted living facilities and rehabilitation facilities. We deliver care to post-acute patients at over 2000 post-acute facilities. Our post-acute clinicians help us prevent avoidable readmissions, improve alignment between post-acute and acute facilities, and promote successful care transitions to deliver a higher standard of patient care. Our post-acute care clinicians receive best-in class orientation and training, a dedicated EHR system and access to ongoing clinical education. TeamHealth has the resources to support you growing a strong practice and provide you with an excellent work/life balance. We are offering an exciting opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest growing fields in healthcare today.
City of Brotherly Love
Philadelphia, the cradle of American independence, is a place of great beginnings. In addition to being the founding city for the United States Marine Corps, Philadelphia is the first location of many national institutions, including the first medical school, bank, fire engine, secular university, art school and museum, zoo, and public library. The City of Brotherly Love has never lost its unique civic identity. All major professional sports are represented by the city and fanatically supported by Philadelphians. It is home to world-class universities, museums, theater, cuisine, and distinct neighborhoods. In Philadelphia, the world is truly at your doorstep.