Do you have a passion for geriatric patients and enjoy solving complex medical problems within an interdisciplinary medical team? Do you enjoy working autonomously and thrive in a leadership role? TeamHealth has the perfect opportunity for you. This part-time medical director role will include patient care rounding and medical director duties in a post-acute care setting in a skilled nursing facility located in the Spokane Valley, Washington, area. You will round two days a week with the flexibility to choose your rounding schedule.
- Primary care rounding in SNF
- Manage chronic disease, diagnosis illness and medical conditions, and implement plan of care
- Collaborate with clinicians, facility leaders and others regarding care and services
- Build relationships with your patients, patients’ family members, and facility staff to facilitate effective treatment delivery
- Medical Director duties for assigned facility
- Provide oversight, guidance, and mentorship to our clinicians
- Conduct clinical case reviews, as needed and share tools, information, and guidelines as they relate to quality of care
- Represent TeamHealth on appropriate external levels engaging and establishing/maintaining relationships within the post-acute care community
- Collaborate with leadership to review care coordination initiatives, develop collaborative intervention plans, and share ideas about network management issues
- Excellent clinical skills
- Critical thinking
- Excellent communication skills
- Team Player
- Strong work ethic
- Empathy, compassion and ability to connect and engage with your senior patients and family
- Primary care experience
- Post acute care experience a plus, but not required
- Leadership background a plus, but not required. Training will be provided.
- Active and unrestricted Washington license or application in process
- Active and unrestricted DEA or application in process
Our compensation is a productivity-based model (Fee for Service) that offers you control to maximize your income potential. Expected compensation is estimated salary range of $120,000 to $160,000 annually.
If you are passionate about patient care, apply today to be considered for this fantastic role!
California Privacy Act: https://www.teamhealth.com/california-applicant-privacy-notice/
- Flexible rounding schedule
- Uncapped earning potential
- Paid professional liability insurance with tail coverage
- Leadership and growth opportunities to further your career
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources and CME through TeamHealth Institute
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Access to TeamHealth’s clinician wellness and referral program
Why TeamHealth Post-Acute Care?
TeamHealth has been in operation for over 40 years and as the leading provider of facilities-based medicine, TeamHealth’s Post-acute Care program is the largest network of post-acute care clinicians. Our team is comprised of more than 1,500 primary care and behavioral health clinicians in more than 31 states. Our post-acute program is built around a team that coordinates care across skilled nursing, long-term care, nursing homes, assisted living facilities and rehabilitation facilities. We deliver care to post-acute patients at over 2000 post-acute facilities. Our post-acute clinicians help us prevent avoidable readmissions, improve alignment between post-acute and acute facilities, and promote successful care transitions to deliver a higher standard of patient care. Our post-acute care clinicians receive best-in class orientation and training, a dedicated EHR system and access to ongoing clinical education. TeamHealth has the resources to support you growing a strong practice and provide you with an excellent work/life balance. We are offering an exciting opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest growing fields in healthcare today.
The Beautiful Lilac City
Known as the Lilac City, Spokane is just 20 miles west of Idaho and 110 miles south of Canada, It is situated between the Rockies and Cascade Mountains, which protect it from typical Pacific Northwest weather patterns. The Spokane River and its falls are a focal point for the city, which features a diverse population, rich cultural scene, and abundant recreation opportunities such as swimming, boating, white-water rafting, fishing, hiking and biking. There are five mountain ski resorts located within a two-hour drive of Spokane and the city boasts over 30 regional golf courses. The hub of the Inland Northwest for more than 150 years, Spokane offers the amenities you'd find in a large city along with the community spirit that's present in smaller towns. The city has four public school districts and is also home to a number of public and private universities. Housing costs in Spokane are significantly lower than the Washington State average, with options including everything from townhomes and condos to single-family homes and riverfront estates. Cultural attractions include several museums, a major civic theater and several smaller ones, a symphony, jazz orchestra, opera house and vibrant arts scene. Spokane features a four-season climate with dry warm summers.