Join an award-winning team with TeamHealth! We have an exciting opportunity to work at New York State's first brand new hospital in many years! If you are a board certified/board eligible physician assistant (PA) or nurse practitioner (NP) with an interest in a full-time role, you are just right for our team. Join us at the new, state-of-the-art hospital, MVHS-Wynn Hospital, which opened its doors in October 2023. Wynn Hospital is located in the heart of downtown Utica, New York. There is exciting development occurring in Oneida County with the construction of the Wynn Hospital, the Nexus Entertainment Center, new high-tech businesses moving in and great new restaurants. We would love to have you on our team!
About the facility:
- 47 ED treatment spaces (ED exam, quick turn, and trauma), six behavioral health ED treatment rooms and 10 observation beds
- Level III Trauma Center, cardiac center, and Primary Stroke Center, with specialty support, and heliport
- 78 hours of physician coverage per day
- 41 hours of APC coverage
- EMR: Epic
- Flexible schedule
California Applicant Privacy Act: https://www.teamhealth.com/california-applicant-privacy-notice/
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401k
- Paid time off
- Excellent mentorship
- Association with a leading clinician practice in the U.S.
- Paid professional liability insurance with tail coverage
- Access to free CME and professional development through the TeamHealth Institute
A new integrated health campus
Mohawk Valley Health System is a 379-bed hospital with a 29-bed ED. This facility has an annual volume of 41,300 and a designated Stroke Center with CT scanner. We have a dedicated staff of emergency medicine physicians, nurses, excellent EMS, lab technicians and EKG technicians. The ED provides 36 hours of physician coverage and 36 hours of advanced practice clinician coverage daily.
Utica starts with you!
Just a short drive away from Syracuse and beautiful Adirondack Park, Utica is considered to be the socio-economic hub of Oneida County and offers small-town charm, abundant industry, affordable housing, ample recreational opportunities, and a culturally diverse community. Located in Central New York and at the foot of the Adirondack Mountains, Utica offers plenty of outdoor activities for every season. Take a trip to the Utica Zoo or catch an AHL Utica Comets game. During warm months enjoy water sports at Lake Ontario, Lake Erie, or the Finger Lakes. During the cold months, enjoy winter sports like ice skating, snowboarding, ice fishing, hockey and skiing.