Advance your clinical career with TeamHealth! We have an opportunity for a physician to join emergency medicine (EM) team at Lehigh Valley Hospital-Pocono in East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania. This 264-bed, full service community hospital serves Monroe County and is within driving distance of Northern NJ and Philadelphia. The ED sees an annual patient volume of 39,000 a year and houses a separate pediatric ED. Physicians within this group currently manage an average of 2.2 patients per hour with RVU incentives. We offer 10-hour shifts and APCs are on daily as well. Ideal candidates will be board certified/eligible in EM or board certified/eligible in FM/IM with significant ED experience.
This position also offers:
- Independent contractor status
- RVU based income, strongest in the area
- Professional liability insurance with tail coverage
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Opportunities for growth and leadership within TeamHealth
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program
- 1099 independent contractor
- Competitive compensation
- Patient safety organization
- Support of national network of emergency medicine experts
- LiveWell WorkLife concierge program
- Online scheduling via Shift Admin
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources, and CME through TeamHealth Institute
Pocono Medical Center
Lehigh Valley Hospital -Pocono is a full-service hospital serving Monroe County and the entire Pocono region. Pocono Medical Center is a fully accredited Level III Trauma Center, equipped to provide lifesaving care around the clock for local patients and visitors. Our Level III Trauma Center, accredited by the Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation, has trauma and general surgeons available 24/7. Our trauma team consists of two fellowship-trained trauma surgeons. We also provide critical care services. Along with general surgery, we have cardiothoracic surgeons on staff and orthopedic surgeons on call, 24 hours a day. We also have anesthesiologists in-house who are prepared to provide rapid care. Our emergency department also earned a spot among the top 5% of EDs nationwide for outstanding patient experience.
Live and work in the Poconos!
East Stroudsburg is a town in Pennsylvania with a population of 9,820, offering residents a dense suburban feel. East Stroudsburg is located near the Pocono Mountains, this area is considered the playground of Pennsylvania, New York, and New Jersey. The nearby Kalahari Resorts and Great Wolf Lodge offers family waterpark fun, and there is skiing at Shawnee Mountain, Jack Frost and Big Boulder.