TeamHealth has an excellent full-time assistant medical director opportunity for a physician to join our hospitalist team at Chippenham Hospital in Richmond, Virginia. The assistant medical director is responsible for assisting the medical director with oversight and support of all clinical and non-clinical activities provided by the hospitalist program. Other responsibilities include creating a team culture that values high performance and excellent patient care. Also ensuring that the hospitalists are engaged and their efforts are aligned with the quality, safety and efficiency goals of the hospital.
The assistant medical director along with TeamHealth support staff, will strive to maintain a strong partnership between TeamHealth and the facility, resulting in the highest quality of patient care.
Other position highlights include but are not limited to:
- Manage program to achieve clinical, operational and financial goals
- Strategic planning responsibilities such as physician communications, business development, care strategies
- Participate in clinical oversight of the practice
- Participate in recruiting efforts, orientation and on-boarding of new clinicians
- Monitor individual hospitalist performance, provide feedback and coordinate interventions, complete routine performance reviews as needed
- Work with regional medical director and vice president of operations to adhere to the facility contractual requirements and operating budget and ensure client satisfaction
California Applicant Privacy Act: https://www.teamhealth.com/california-applicant-privacy-notice/
- Competitive administrative stipend and clinical compensation
- Employee with full benefits (health, dental, vision, 401K, long term disability and life insurance paid by TeamHealth)
- Paid professional liability insurance with tail
- Relocation assistance
- Sign-on bonus
- Access to leadership development programs such as LEADership Fundamentals, LEAD (Leadership Education and Development), CDA (Coach Development Academy), the Diversity and Inclusion Committee, and the National Medical Leadership Conference (NMLC)
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program and referral program
- Association with a leading physician practice in the U.S.
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Customized Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM) membership with access to CME, exclusive educational resources, professional development opportunities, live events and a dynamic online community of hospitalists who actively shape and improve the practice of hospital medicine
- Practice with confidence as a member of TeamHealth's national Patient Safety Organization
A part of HCA, the leading provider of healthcare services
Chippenham Hospital is a 466-bed acute care hospital and Level II Trauma Center located in Richmond, Virginia. A regional leader in clinical excellence, Chippenham is the region's first choice for orthopedics, joint care, behavioral health and cardiovascular care. Chippenham Hospital is a part of HCA, the nation's leading provider of healthcare services.
Virginia's state capital city
Richmond has many sites to enjoy for you and everyone in your family! Visit the famous Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens or the Children's Museum of Richmond just to mention a few. There is plenty to do with your children and family in this city. Richmond also offers retail shopping centers, fine dining, and many night life venues to choose from. Fall in love with the museums and National Battlefield Park that keep people coming back.