Do you have a passion for geriatric patients and enjoy solving complex medical problems within an interdisciplinary medical team? Do you enjoy working autonomously? TeamHealth has the perfect opportunity for you. This full-time primary care role will include patient care rounding in a post-acute care setting in a skilled nursing facility located in the Dover, Delaware, area. You will round five days a week with the flexibility to set up a daily schedule that works best for you.
- Primary care rounding in skilled nursing facilities
- Manage chronic disease, diagnose illnesses and medical conditions, and implement plan of care
- Collaborate with clinicians, facility leaders and others regarding care and services
- Build relationships with your patients, patients' family members, and facility staff to facilitate effective treatment delivery
- Provide oversight, guidance, and mentorship to our nurse practitioners
- Conduct clinical case reviews, as needed and share tools, information, and guidelines as they relate to quality of care
- Represent TeamHealth on appropriate external levels engaging and establishing/maintaining relationships within the post-acute care community
- Collaborate with leadership to review care coordination initiatives, develop collaborative intervention plans, and share ideas about network management issues
- Excellent clinical skills
- Critical thinking
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Strong work ethic
- Empathy, compassion and ability to connect and engage with your senior patients and family
- Human touch
- Primary care experience
- Post-acute care experience required
- Active and unrestricted Delaware license or application in process
- Active and unrestricted DEA/prescriptive authority or application in process
Our compensation is a productivity-based model (fee for service) that offers you control to maximize your income potential. Expected compensation is estimated salary range of $203,000 to $261,000 annually. This full-time role is benefit eligible.
Full-time clinicians are eligible for an excellent comprehensive benefits package to include 401(k) plan, health, dental and vision insurance, long and short term disability, FSA, group term life insurance, Flex Time bank, and employee assistance program.
If you are looking to take back control of your work/life balance, are passionate about patient care, apply today to be considered for this fantastic role!
California Applicant Privacy Act: https://www.teamhealth.com/california-applicant-privacy-notice/
- Flexible rounding schedule
- Uncapped earning potential
- Paid professional liability insurance with tail coverage
- Leadership and growth opportunities to further your career
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources and CME through TeamHealth Institute
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness and referral program
Why TeamHealth Post-Acute Care?
TeamHealth has been in operation for over 40 years and as the leading provider of facilities-based medicine, TeamHealth's post-acute care program is the largest network of post-acute care clinicians. Our team is comprised of more than 1,500 primary care and behavioral health clinicians in more than 31 states. Our post-acute program is built around a team that coordinates care across skilled nursing, long-term care, nursing homes, assisted living facilities and rehabilitation facilities. We deliver care to post-acute patients at over 2000 post-acute facilities. Our post-acute clinicians help us prevent avoidable readmissions, improve alignment between post-acute and acute facilities, and promote successful care transitions to deliver a higher standard of patient care. Our post-acute care clinicians receive best-in-class orientation and training, a dedicated EHR system and access to ongoing clinical education. TeamHealth has the resources to support you growing a strong practice and provide you with an excellent work/life balance. We are offering an exciting opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest growing fields in healthcare today.
Capital City of Delaware!
Come see the beautiful capital city of Delaware - Dover! This city is home to the famous Delaware Agricultural Museum filled with historical exhibits from the 1890's era to present day equipment. Nearby, the bird-rich Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge is perfect for nature lovers who enjoy walking and hiking trails along the Delaware Bay. Lovely local parks provide great locations for outdoor and other recreational activities. There are many historical landmarks which date back to the late 1700's. Dover also is home to hosting NASCAR races at the Dover International Speedway for everyone to enjoy!