Are you an emergency medicine leader looking to make an impact at a brand new freestanding emergency department? St. Vincent Trussville Free Standing Emergency Department is a leading healthcare facility located in the vibrant city of Birmingham, Alabama. We are dedicated to providing high-quality, compassionate emergency medical care to our community. Our team of healthcare professionals is committed to delivering excellence in patient care, and we are looking for an experienced emergency medicine (EM) physician leader to join our dynamic team.
- EM program leadership required
- 12-hour shifts
- Manageable patient volume
- Board certified or board eligible in emergency medicine or family medicine/internal medicine with emergency medicine experience
- New grads will be considered
- TeamHealth is a well-established healthcare organization known for its commitment to clinical excellence
- The company has a strong track record of providing high-quality patient care, and it values the expertise and dedication of its physicians
- TeamHealth fosters a collaborative work environment where physicians work alongside other healthcare professionals, including advanced practice providers and support staff
- TeamHealth recognizes the importance of work/life balance and strives to provide flexible scheduling options
More than a century of care
Serving Birmingham for more than 118 years, St. Vincent's Health System is a faith-based health system focused on sustaining and improving the health of individuals and communities it serves. St. Vincent's is a 362-bed facility that offers premier programs in primary care, orthopedics, cardiovascular services, cancer treatment, and emergency services, as well as comprehensive programs in behavioral health, diabetes, endoscopy, same-day surgery, digestive disorders, sleep disorders, and surgical weight loss. The facility is Alabama's leader in Robotic Surgery and includes a state-of-the-art Cancer Center, Neuro Spine Center, Orthopedics Center, Women's and Children's service and Cardiac Care. In addition, the hospital features outstanding sub-specialty support. St. Vincent's is a member of Ascension Health, the nation's largest Catholic and largest nonprofit health system.
Alabama's largest city
With a population of more than one million people, Birmingham is the largest city in Alabama situated in the center of the state near the Talladega National Forest and Tuscaloosa, home of the University of Alabama. Visit the Birmingham Museum of Art, the Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum or one of the city's notable Civil Rights landmarks and museums. Another attraction of note is the city's growing culinary scene; pair fantastic eats with a brewery tour to explore the region's many local brewing companies. Add to all these perks an affordable coast of living and easy access to exciting destinations like Atlanta, the Gulf Coast, Chattanooga and more!