Plan work around your life! As a TeamHealth surgeon you will work 7 days per month! TeamHealth is looking for exceptional general surgeons to join our acute care general surgery program at Hendrick Medical Center, a level II trauma center.
What you can expect:
- Back up call coverage
- Support from mid-level clinicians
- Moderate trauma with a variety of cases
- Hendrick Health is nationally recognized for their level of care by distinguished organizations such as Modern Health Care and Becker’s Hospital Review to name just a few!
- Located in Abilene, Texas, Hendrick Medical Center, is accessible from Dallas/Fort Worth, Austin and San Antonio. Abilene is a mid-size community offering a family atmosphere with good school systems.
- Manageable caseloads and the right resources and team members by their sides to ensure patients receive the best possible care
- Access to a community of clinicians to support your clinical development
- Opportunities to grow with us into local, regional and national leadership roles
California Applicant Privacy Act: https://www.teamhealth.com/california-applicant-privacy-notice/
- Employee model
- Professional liability insurance with tail coverage
- Limited billing and coding responsibilities
- Access to TeamHealth’s wellness program, dedicated professional development tools and nation-wide network of general surgeons
High-tech meets compassionate care
The Hendrick name reigns over a 522-bed medical center, a women's center, rehabilitation hospital, cancer center and numerous other innovative services. Hendrick continues to offer aggressive, innovative treatments and preventive healthcare measures ranging from services such as cancer screenings and pre-natal education courses to electro-physiology procedures and pediatric intensive care.
Great place to work, play, and live!
No matter where you come from, you will find a little bit of everything in this university city of 120,000 located on 1-20 just 2.5 hours west of the Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas metro. The city offers three 4-year colleges and hosts annual events that celebrate the western lifestyle and values of the working ranch. Abilene's civic progressiveness and its logistic function as a regional center for distribution, commerce, industry, transportation, and education provide an assortment of lodging, dining, cultural, and shopping opportunities typically found only in much larger cities. Enjoy the local lakes, the arts, the Abilene zoo, and an abundance of parks. Explore why people call Abilene home!