Are you looking to take back control of your work/life balance? Are you passionate about patient care? TeamHealth has the perfect opportunity for you. We are looking for a nurse practitioner (NP) or physician assistant (PA) for primary care rounding in a skilled nursing facility in the Spokane, Washington, vicinity.
This full-time role supports a great work/life balance with a 7 on/7off model (Wednesday through Tuesday, 8-hour days), working 162 days per year with the ability to pick up extra days throughout the year if desired. When you join TeamHealth, you will enjoy autonomy over your practice, a lucrative salary and the opportunity to build a position that matches your ideal lifestyle and career goals.
- Perform primary care in a post-acute setting for short term and long-term patients
- Manage chronic disease, diagnosis illness and medical conditions, and implement plan of care
- Order and interpret lab results
- Prescribe and monitor medications
- Consult with physicians and coordinate patient care with other healthcare practitioners
- Educate patients and their caregivers on coping skills to handle chronic and age-related conditions
- Build relationships with your patients, patients’ family members, and facility staff to facilitate effective treatment delivery
- Promote healthy lifestyle changes
- Critical Thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with the healthcare team
- Strong work ethic
- Adaptability and flexibility to address the fluctuations that occur during the aging process and with chronic illness
- Empathy, compassion and ability to connect and engage with your senior patients or residents
- 2 years post-acute care or primary care experience required
- Active and unrestricted Washington NP or PA license or application in process
- Active and unrestricted DEA or application in process
Our compensation is a productivity-based model (Fee for Service) that offers you control to maximize your income potential. Expected compensation is estimated income range of $100,000 to $140,00 annually. This full-time role is benefit eligible.
Full time clinicians are eligible for an excellent comprehensive benefits package to include 401(k) plan, health, dental and vision insurance, LTD, STD, FSA, group term life insurance, Flex Time bank, and employee assistance program.
If you are looking to take back control of your work/life balance, are passionate about patient care, apply today to be considered for this fantastic role!
California Applicant Privacy Act: https://www.teamhealth.com/california-applicant-privacy-notice/
- 7on/7off, 8-hour shifts
- Excellent comprehensive benefits package
- Uncapped earning potential
- Paid professional liability insurance with tail coverage
- Leadership and growth opportunities to further your career
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources and CME through TeamHealth Institute
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Access to TeamHealth’s clinician wellness and referral program
Why TeamHealth Post-Acute Care?
TeamHealth has been in operation for over 40 years and as the leading provider of facilities-based medicine, TeamHealth’s Post-acute Care program is the largest network of post-acute care clinicians. Our team is comprised of more than 1,500 primary care and behavioral health clinicians in more than 31 states. Our post-acute program is built around a team that coordinates care across skilled nursing, long-term care, nursing homes, assisted living facilities and rehabilitation facilities. We deliver care to post-acute patients at over 2000 post-acute facilities. Our post-acute clinicians help us prevent avoidable readmissions, improve alignment between post-acute and acute facilities, and promote successful care transitions to deliver a higher standard of patient care. Our post-acute care clinicians receive best-in class orientation and training, a dedicated EHR system and access to ongoing clinical education. TeamHealth has the resources to support you growing a strong practice and provide you with an excellent work/life balance. We are offering an exciting opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest growing fields in healthcare today.
The Beautiful Lilac City
Known as the Lilac City, Spokane is just 20 miles west of Idaho and 110 miles south of Canada, It is situated between the Rockies and Cascade Mountains, which protect it from typical Pacific Northwest weather patterns. The Spokane River and its falls are a focal point for the city, which features a diverse population, rich cultural scene, and abundant recreation opportunities such as swimming, boating, white-water rafting, fishing, hiking and biking. There are five mountain ski resorts located within a two-hour drive of Spokane and the city boasts over 30 regional golf courses. The hub of the Inland Northwest for more than 150 years, Spokane offers the amenities you'd find in a large city along with the community spirit that's present in smaller towns. The city has four public school districts and is also home to a number of public and private universities. Housing costs in Spokane are significantly lower than the Washington State average, with options including everything from townhomes and condos to single-family homes and riverfront estates. Cultural attractions include several museums, a major civic theater and several smaller ones, a symphony, jazz orchestra, opera house and vibrant arts scene. Spokane features a four-season climate with dry warm summers.