TeamHealth has an opportunity for a full-time emergency medicine (EM) core faculty and student clerkship director to join our group at The Brooklyn Hospital Center (TBHC) in New York. We are looking for a bright and energetic physician with a passion for and skill in resident education. Qualified candidates must be board certified or board eligible in American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM) or American Osteopathic Board of Emergency Medicine (AOBEM) and have successfully completed a fellowship or has experience in critical care, EMS, research, simulation, sports medicine, or ultrasound. The student clerkship director will precept medical and PA student rotations, collect evaluations from faculty and complete rotation evaluation forms, attend EM residency didactic conference with students, participate in EM residency application interviews, and serve as a core faculty member for the EM residency.
The EM residency program is the first emergency residency in Brooklyn. TBHC's four-year training program has been accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education since 1989 and has a long tradition of excellence in both clinical and academic medicine. Our graduates have gone on to become leaders in Emergency Medicine. The department includes 32 EM residents, 15 full-time faculty and three administrative assistants. Academically affiliated with the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Medical Center, the Emergency Department (ED) is designated as a Regional Stroke Center and STEMI center. The hospital is a 464-bed, full-service teaching hospital in the Fort Greene neighborhood near Downtown Brooklyn and serves over 70,000 patients per year. Our program is located in the heart of Brooklyn, which allows our residents to live anywhere in NYC and enjoy all the fruits of this wonderful metropolis. From art, music and sports to food and much more, Brooklyn has it all. Our hospital is located near Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridge for easy accessibility to Manhattan. Apply today to become part of this premier Brooklyn program!
Competitive compensation, with an estimated salary range of $160 to $188 per hour with the opportunity to earn incentives.
California Applicant Privacy Act: https://www.teamhealth.com/california-applicant-privacy-notice/
- Paid professional liability insurance with tail coverage included
- Flexible clinical scheduling providing a great work/life balance
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program and referral program
- Access to CME, exclusive access to educational resources, professional development opportunities, live events and a dynamic online community of emergency medicine physicians who actively shape and improve the practice of emergency medicine
- Access to leadership development programs such as Leadership Education and Development (LEAD), Coach Development Academy (CDA), Women in Leadership (WIL) and the National Medical Leadership Conference (NMLC)
- Potential to further your career by growing into local, regional and national leadership roles
One of the five boroughs in New York City located on the end of Long Island. There are many landmarks and sites to see like the famous Brooklyn Bridge and Grand Army Plaza. Enjoy the popular Coney Island along the beach, as well as many local parks and museums. Enjoy the beautiful Brooklyn Botanical Garden, local restaurants, night life, and so much more!