TeamHealth is seeking a hospital medicine leader for the role of facility medical director at Johnston-Willis Hospital in Richmond, Virginia. This leadership opportunity will report directly to the regional medical director and vice president of operations and will be responsible for the oversight of a growing team of clinicians and advanced practice clinicians. As facility medical director (FMD), you will be responsible for developing and sustaining relationships, impacting clinical strategies and workflows that promote practice, patient satisfaction and improve value-based healthcare delivery.
As FMD, you will be responsible for managing the clinical, financial, human and capital resources of the facility. Duties may include, but are not limited to attending hospital general medical staff meetings and serving as a representative on hospital committees, producing and managing FMD report to appropriate regional medical director (RMD), senior vice president (SVP), executive vice president (EVP), and vice president operations (VPO). You may also schedule, conduct and report on monthly or bi-monthly departmental meetings, manage staffing schedule and a core clinical team, and produce and execute a yearly departmental strategic plan. In this role, you will be responsible for attending monthly goal progress meetings with hospital administration along with RMD and VPO and attending leadership training programs provided by TeamHealth.
We ask that candidates have a medical degree and be board certified in internal medicine or family medicine and have a minimum of five years of hospital medicine experience. The ideal candidate will have previous leadership/administrative experience and have strong administrative and team building skills. Review of applications will begin immediately. Candidates should submit a letter of application including professional accomplishments and curriculum vitae (CV).
TeamHealth is a physician-led, patient-focused company with over 16,000 clinicians. Founded by doctors, for doctors, our success stems from the ingenuity, dedicated teamwork and integrity of our people. At TeamHealth, our purpose is to perfect the practice of medicine, every day, in everything we do. We are proud to be the leading physician practice in the United States, driven by our commitment to quality and safety and supported by our world-class operating team.
California Applicant Privacy Act: https://www.teamhealth.com/california-applicant-privacy-notice/
- Competitive administrative stipend and clinical compensation
- Employee with full benefits (health, dental, vision, 401K, long term disability and life insurance paid by TeamHealth)
- Paid professional liability insurance with tail
- Relocation assistance
- Sign-on bonus
- Access to leadership development programs such as LEADership Fundamentals, LEAD (Leadership Education and Development), CDA (Coach Development Academy), the Diversity and Inclusion Committee, and the National Medical Leadership Conference (NMLC)
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program and referral program
- Association with a leading physician practice in the U.S.
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Customized Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM) membership with access to CME, exclusive educational resources, professional development opportunities, live events and a dynamic online community of hospitalists who actively shape and improve the practice of hospital medicine
- Practice with confidence as a member of TeamHealth's national Patient Safety Organization
Johnston-Willis Hospital has been delivering high-quality healthcare to Greater Richmond and the Tri-Cities area for more than a century. Founded in 1909, Johnston-Willis Hospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in cancer care, and neuroscience at our first-in-Richmond Neuroscience and Gamma Knife Center.
Virginia's state capital city
Richmond has many sites to enjoy for you and everyone in your family! Visit the famous Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens or the Children's Museum of Richmond just to mention a few. There is plenty to do with your children and family in this city. Richmond also offers retail shopping centers, fine dining, and many night life venues to choose from. Fall in love with the museums and National Battlefield Park that keep people coming back.