Are you looking to take back control of your work/life balance? Are you passionate about patient care? TeamHealth has the perfect opportunity for you. We are looking for a nurse practitioner (NP) or physician assistant (PA) for primary care rounding in a long-term care facility in the Walla Walla, Washington, area. This part-time role supports a great work/life balance with no call requirements and the ability to set up your own schedule whether that's 1 day a week or a few hours spread over multiple days. When you join TeamHealth, you will enjoy autonomy over your practice, a lucrative salary, the flexibility to set your own schedule and the opportunity to build a position that matches your ideal lifestyle and career goals.
- Perform primary care in a post-acute setting for long-term care patients
- Manage chronic disease, diagnosis illness and medical conditions, and implement plan of care
- Order and interpret lab results
- Prescribe and monitor medications
- Consult with physicians and coordinate patient care with other healthcare practitioners
- Educate patients and their caregivers on coping skills to handle chronic and age-related conditions
- Build relationships with your patients, patients’ family members, and facility staff to facilitate effective treatment delivery
- Promote healthy lifestyle changes
- Critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with the healthcare team
- Strong work ethic
- Adaptability and flexibility to address the fluctuations that occur during the aging process and with chronic illness
- Empathy, compassion and ability to connect and engage with your senior patients or residents
- Post acute care or primary care experience a plus, but not required
- New grads encouraged to apply
- Active and unrestricted Washington NP or PA license or application in process
- Active and unrestricted DEA or application in process
Our compensation is a productivity-based model (Fee for Service) that offers you control to maximize your income potential. Expected compensation is estimated salary range of $26,000 annually to $30,000 annually. This part-time role is not benefit eligible.
If you are looking to take back control of your work/life balance, are passionate about patient care, apply today to be considered for this fantastic role!
California Applicant Privacy Act: https://www.teamhealth.com/california-applicant-privacy-notice/
- Uncapped earning potential
- Paid professional liability insurance with tail coverage
- Leadership and growth opportunities to further your career
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources and CME through TeamHealth Institute
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Access to TeamHealth’s clinician wellness and referral program
- Flexible scheduling
Why TeamHealth Post-Acute Care?
TeamHealth has been in operation for over 40 years and as the leading provider of facilities-based medicine, TeamHealth’s Post-acute Care program is the largest network of post-acute care clinicians. Our team is comprised of more than 1,500 primary care and behavioral health clinicians in more than 31 states. Our post-acute program is built around a team that coordinates care across skilled nursing, long-term care, nursing homes, assisted living facilities and rehabilitation facilities. We deliver care to post-acute patients at over 2000 post-acute facilities. Our post-acute clinicians help us prevent avoidable readmissions, improve alignment between post-acute and acute facilities, and promote successful care transitions to deliver a higher standard of patient care. Our post-acute care clinicians receive best-in class orientation and training, a dedicated EHR system and access to ongoing clinical education. TeamHealth has the resources to support you growing a strong practice and provide you with an excellent work/life balance. We are offering an exciting opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest growing fields in healthcare today.
Walla Walla, Washington
From agriculture to shopping, Walla Walla, Washington, has something unique and special for everyone. As one of the most fertile agricultural areas in the United States, you have access to a variety of freshly grown foods - strawberries, sweet onions, asparagus, etc. Alongside this, Walla Walla has over 2800 acres of vineyards with just under 150 wineries. There are also plenty of activities for the whole family such as golf, drive in movie theaters, bowling, a children’s museum, parks and much more! This city is sure to have everything you could want or need to call home!