If you are a board certified or board eligible pediatric emergency medicine (EM) physician with an interest in a full-time or part-time role, you are just right for our team! We invite you to join our team at Overlook Hospital’s dedicated pediatric emergency department (ED). Summit is minutes away from both Newark and New York City for those seeking professional or cultural opportunities nearby. We are hiring pediatric emergency medicine physicians (PEM, ABP-PEM), and pediatricians (ABP/AOBP) with emergency medicine experience, and we welcome the opportunity to learn more about what you seek in a position.
- Separate pediatric emergency department with easy inpatient access
- 1099 Independent Contractor status
- EMR: Epic
- PED Volume 14,000/year
- 8 pediatric ED beds
- 9% admission rate
- 24-hour pediatric EM physician coverage per day
- 12-hour clinical shift times are 7am-7pm and 7pm-7am
- 12 hours of pediatric advanced practice clinician coverage per day
- Designated pediatric nursing team trained in pediatric care and certified in pediatric advanced life support
- Excellent pediatric specialty support
- Adult EM available for critical care and airway management
- Competitive compensation
- CME opportunities through the TeamHealth Institute
- Professional liability insurance and tail coverage provided by TeamHealth
- Relocation assistance
- Excellent work/life balance with flexible online scheduling
- Local PEM leadership support
Nationally recognized regional medical center
Overlook Medical Center is a nationally recognized regional medical center providing state-of-the-art healthcare, conducting cutting-edge research and delivering compassionate care in a patient-centered environment. The 467-bed facility features Neuroscience Care, a Level IV Epilepsy Center, the Gerald J. Glasser Brain Tumor Center, a CyberKnife program, Emergency Care, Oncology and a full range of other specialty services. Named one of America's Best 100 Hospitals by Healthgrades, Overlook Medical Center is a well-recognized and awarded facility offering world-class care. Overlook is a part of Atlantic Health System, one of the leading healthcare organizations in New Jersey.
Top 20 in the state!
Summit is a vibrant community of about 21,000 residents, situated 20 miles west of Manhattan, and features a rich variety of restaurants and shops. From pizzerias and coffee shops to fine dining and ethnic food, there is a restaurant for every taste and occasion. Summit is a diverse city with the charm and feel of a small town but all of the amenities of a sprawling city. With hundreds of events, activities, recreational programs and teams, as well as one of the top public school districts in the state, Summit is an ideal place for families.