TeamHealth, a leading healthcare organization, is seeking a skilled and compassionate emergency medicine (EM) physician to join our dynamic team in Nashville, Tennessee. As an emergency medicine physician, you will play a crucial role in providing high-quality medical care to patients in a fast-paced and challenging environment. Your expertise and dedication will contribute to the overall success of our emergency department while ensuring exceptional patient outcomes.
- Clinical Excellence: Provide exceptional medical care to patients presenting with a wide range of medical conditions and emergencies. Perform accurate assessments, diagnosis, and treatment interventions following evidence-based guidelines and best practices.
- Emergency Care: Triage, stabilize, and manage patients in critical and emergent conditions. Administer necessary medical interventions and procedures, including resuscitation, wound care, fracture management, and more.
- Collaborative Approach: Collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams, including nurses, specialists, and support staff, to ensure seamless patient care. Communicate clearly and concisely to relay critical information and treatment plans.
- Diagnostic Skills: Utilize advanced diagnostic tools and techniques to identify and interpret medical conditions. Order and interpret diagnostic tests, imaging studies, and laboratory results as needed for accurate diagnosis and treatment.
- Emergency Department Management: Contribute to the efficient and effective management of the emergency department. Assist in patient flow optimization, resource utilization, and adherence to quality and safety standards.
- Continuous Learning: Stay updated with the latest developments in emergency medicine, attending relevant conferences, workshops, and training sessions to enhance your skills and knowledge.
- Quality Improvement: Participate in quality improvement initiatives and research projects to enhance patient care protocols and contribute to the advancement of emergency medicine practices.
- Patient Education: Educate patients and their families about their medical conditions, treatment options, and aftercare instructions, promoting a better understanding of their healthcare journey.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate and thorough medical records, documenting patient interactions, treatment plans, and outcomes in compliance with regulatory standards and organizational policies.
- Medical degree (MD or DO) from an accredited medical school.
- Residency training in emergency medicine from an accredited program, or family medicine with emergency medicine experience
- Board certification or eligibility
- Current and unrestricted medical license in the state of Tennessee or ability to obtain license
- Strong clinical acumen and the ability to handle complex and high-stress situations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Dedication to patient-centered care and a commitment to delivering the highest quality medical services
- Independent contractor model
- Competitive compensation package
- Access to a network of experienced healthcare professionals
- Opportunity to be part of a respected and well-established healthcare organization
Make Music City home!
The state capital of Nashville can be found in the heart of Tennessee. Also known as Music City, Nashville is the home of country music and provides a wealth of economic opportunities as well as an excellent family environment. Nashville is also home to a vast array of financial strongholds, including the music and entertainment industry, education, publishing and printing, finance, insurance, tourism, and healthcare. The area offers a temperate, four-season climate and professional sports with NHL hockey and NFL football franchises. Nashville is also rich with cultural activities such as symphonies, ballet companies, and 13 performing arts facilities. With its perfect blend of metropolitan opportunities and small-town values, it is no wonder that Nashville was voted by Forbes Magazine as one of the Top 5 Places to Raise a Family.