Plan work around your life! As a TeamHealth surgeon you'll work 14 days per month! TeamHealth is looking for exceptional general surgeons to join our acute care general surgery program at Hendrick Medical Center, a Level II trauma center in Abilene, Texas! To attract the best, we make sure surgeons have manageable caseloads and the right resources to provide high-quality patient care. With physicians at every level of leadership, TeamHealth is dedicated to providing opportunities and resources to help those who aspire to grow their professional development and leadership career. Interested in how TeamHealth can help you take your next step in your career? Apply today!
California Applicant Privacy Act: https://www.teamhealth.com/california-applicant-privacy-notice/
- Work 7 days on/7 days off
- Back up call coverage
- Support from advanced practice clinicians
- Moderate trauma with a variety of cases
- Employee model with full benefits package including professional liability insurance with tail plus CME allowance
- Access to TeamHealth's wellness program, professional development tools and nation-wide network of general and orthopedic surgeons
- Active Texas medical license is a plus
- Hendrick Health is nationally recognized for their level of care by distinguished organizations like Modern Health Care and Becker's Hospital Review to name just a few
- Located in west Texas outside the Dallas/Fort Worth area, Hendrick Health has served the community for almost 100 years
Great place to work, play, and live!
No matter where you come from, you will find a little bit of everything in this university city of 120,000 located on 1-20 just 2.5 hours west of the Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas metro. The city offers three 4-year colleges and hosts annual events that celebrate the western lifestyle and values of the working ranch. Abilene's civic progressiveness and its logistic function as a regional center for distribution, commerce, industry, transportation, and education provide an assortment of lodging, dining, cultural, and shopping opportunities typically found only in much larger cities. Enjoy the local lakes, the arts, the Abilene zoo, and an abundance of parks. Explore why people call Abilene home!