TeamHealth is seeking a dynamic and experienced physician to lead our transitional year residency program as the program director at St. Joseph's Medical Center in Stockton, California.
- As the program director, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the educational experience and professional development of our residents during their crucial transition from medical school to specialized residency programs. This leadership position requires a deep commitment to medical education, a passion for mentorship, and a drive to ensure excellence in training and patient care.
Competitive compensation with an estimated base pay range:
- For Employees: Minimum $123.14/hour to maximum of $138.14/hour with $9.23/hour RVU incentive plan.
- For Independent Contractors: Minimum $135/hour to maximum of $150/hour with $9.23/hour RVU incentive plan.
California Applicant Privacy Act: https://www.teamhealth.com/california-applicant-privacy-notice/
- Option of W2 or 1099 status
- Professional liability insurance provided
- Excellent leadership
- Opportunity to work alongside residents
- EMR is Cerner
Well-awarded, sustainable care
Recognized for its Cancer Institute, Heart and Vascular Institute, Orthopedic Care and Women and Infants Center, St. Joseph's Medical Center is a 294-bed facility that provides a comprehensive range of award-winning care to Stockton California and the surrounding areas. St. Joseph's Medical Center has been awarded for its excellence in Stroke Care, Open Heart Surgery, Cardiac Care, Maternity Care, patient safety and consumer satisfaction. The largest hospital in San Joaquin County, St. Joseph's Medical Center is consistently rated by patients as the area's Most Preferred Hospital specializing in women and children's services including neonatal intensive care. In addition to providing outstanding patient care, this facility also features new Residency Programs in Emergency Medicine and Family Medicine, so teaching opportunities may be available for those with academic interests. St. Joseph's Medical Center is a part of Dignity Health and as such offers community health programming, invests in its community through grant programs and promotes a healthy environment by increasing sustainability in its facilities.
Stockton by the Sea
Located along the San Joaquin River in California's Central Valley, the bustling metropolis of Stockton features easy access to some of California's largest cities and entertainment venues, whether it's local museums, cultural events, dining, shopping, national parks or almost anything else. Visit the Haggin Museum to peruse 20th century art and learn local history. Children love the Children's Museum of Stockton where they enjoy more than 40 interactive exhibits, and sports fans cheer the Stockton Ports at Banner Island Ballpark. Home to more than 700,000 residents, Stockton offers a diverse community with all the trappings of a metropolitan city at a lower cost of living compared to other California cities. Named the 124th Best Places to Live in the U.S., Stockton is just 1.5 hours from San Francisco and the surrounding bay area and less than an hour from Sacramento.