Live where you want. Practice where you’re needed. Join a team of elite travel physicians as a full-time TeamHealth Special Operations Hospitalist providing care in our LifePoint locations across the southeastern U.S. As part of the team, you’ll gain a challenging, yet flexible career working in a diverse range of practice settings – all while gaining first-class experience and an excellent compensation package.
As a part of our Special Operations Hospitalist team, you will assist with hospitalist coverage across the Southeast at our LifePoint programs in Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, North Carolina and more. Our Special Ops physicians can practice in a variety of settings including small, rural facilities or large, regional care centers. TeamHealth supports you with licensure, travel, mentorship, credentialing support, leadership training and an excellent compensation package. And when you’re off – you’re off, to enjoy your favorite activities outside of medicine.
To join this elite Hospitalist Special Ops physician team, you should be board certified in internal medicine, able to round on 15-20 patients on a 12-hour shift and have flexibility in covering both day and night schedules. In addition, Special Ops physicians should be comfortable in a variety of practice settings and easily create good relationships with nursing and administrative staff.
At TeamHealth, our purpose is to perfect the practice of medicine, every day, in everything we do.
- First-class experience with first-class pay
- Practice across your region but live where you want
- Independent Contractor status
- Full-time position with 180 hours per month (15 shifts)
- Excellent alternative to locums with guaranteed shifts/hours
- Various practice settings with appropriate patient census
- Professional liability insurance with tail coverage
- Sign-on incentive and potential annual retention incentive available
- Outstanding risk management program
- Support of national network of hospitalist experts
- Reimbursement for licensure, certifications and travel
- LiveWell WorkLife services includes an associate assistance program and other emotional wellbeing initiatives
- Access to educational resources, professional development tools and free online CME
Special Ops Physician
Special Ops team members are credentialed at multiple hospital medicine client sites within a specified region. A Special Ops team member must be adaptive and possess excellent communication skills and a team-player attitude. Flexibility and the ability to travel is a must. Ability to perform procedures is a plus. Willingness to work nights, weekends and some holidays is required and we offer very flexible schedules to accommodate your lifestyle!
Live in Louisville (or anywhere else) and we will fly you to work where needed in the Southeast
Churchill Downs, the most celebrated horse track in the world, with its blare of trumpets, the thundering of hooves, and the sounds of a band playing My Old Kentucky Home may be your first thoughts when you think of Louisville. But the city has much more to offer. Louisville boasts one of the most extensive metropolitan park systems in the nation and features the 6,000-acre Jefferson Memorial Forest, the largest municipality-owned forest in the country. Fredrick Law Olmsted, architect for Central Park in New York City, designed this elaborate park system in Louisville. Also one of only 12 cities in the country to have a resident professional opera, theater, ballet, and theater for children, Louisville has a revitalized downtown that features a new baseball park, the 4th Street Live! entertainment complex, Waterfront Park with a 27-mile oval bike path, and many shopping venues. With all this and lots of housing options, Louisville is a great place to be.