Are you seeking an opportunity to advance your career as an emergency medicine (EM) physician, provide excellent patient care, and work alongside an exceptional leader and mentor? Look no further than TeamHealth's emergency medicine team at Griffin Hospital! This team is nationally recognized for providing world-class patient care. Griffin Hospital's emergency department is designed for optimal efficiency, identically configured, and equipped to accommodate all levels of care. Join the emergency medicine team at Griffin Hospital today and discover your full potential.
Connecticut offers you and your family access to a lifestyle that is second to none, with the finest schools in the nation, four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, and options to live at the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas. Derby is an ideal location 10 miles west of New Haven, Connecticut, and 75 miles from New York City.
- Enhanced sign-on bonus for full-time status
- Hospital beds: 160
- 23 private ED beds
- 3 dedicated behavioral health crisis intervention rooms
- Annual ED volume 40,000
- 30 hours of EM physician coverage per day; 10-hour shifts
- 27 hours of EM APC coverage per day
- Board certified/board eligible ABEM, AOBEM within five years of residency
- EMR-Meditech Expanse with dragon
- W-2 employee status
- Professional liability insurance with tail coverage
- Competitive compensation with a night differential
- Increased compensation as dedicated Nocturnist
- Enhanced sign on bonus for full-time status
- Relocation assistance
- Full-time status includes medical, dental, vision, Rx, 401k, and retirement plan
- Exceptional emergency medicine leadership support
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources and CME through the TeamHealth Institute
- Practice with confidence as a member of TeamHealth's National Patient Safety Organization
Griffin Health is committed to your care and safety
Griffin Hospital is a 160-bed acute care community hospital serving more than 130,000 residents of the Lower Naugatuck Valley Region. Griffin Hospital also serves as the flagship hospital for Planetree, an international leader in person-centered care, and has received national recognition for creating a facility and approach to patient care that is responsive to the needs of patients.
Affiliated with the Yale School of Medicine, The Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine at Quinnipiac University, and accredited by The Joint Commission, Griffin Hospital has more than 300 active and courtesy physicians who have admitting privileges.
Griffin Hospital is recognized for having industry-leading patient satisfaction ratings and has received numerous quality and clinical excellence awards. It is the only hospital to be named to Fortune Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list for ten consecutive years and was the only Connecticut hospital to be recognized four times by the Joint Commission as a "Top Quality Performer" on key quality measures.
Derby, Connecticut, is rich in history and natural beauty. The city is the smallest in the state with 12,080 residents. Located in southwest Connecticut, the city allows access to the Housatonic and Naugatuck Rivers. Enjoy easy access to Waterbury and Bridgeport, or take an hour's drive to New York for all your big city desires while living in this quaint, suburban town. With a city center, traditional neighborhood schools, a plethora of historic buildings and abundant natural attractions, Derby is a wonderful place to call home.