Are you looking for your next leadership role in the golf capital of the US? TeamHealth is seeking a hospital medicine executive to fill the position of facility medical director (FMD) at Piedmont Augusta Hospital located in Augusta, Georgia - home to the prestigious Augusta National Golf Course and host of the infamous Masters Tournament! As the medical director of this established program, your role will primarily be administrative with dedicated administrative time. You will lead and direct a team of 40+ physicians and advanced practice clinicians, reporting directly to the regional medical director (RMD) and vice president of operations (VPO). TeamHealth has a rich history of over 40 years in providing quality healthcare to organizations across the United States. Being a leader with TeamHealth provides you training opportunities and exposure to advance your career to the fullest potential. Responsibilities include developing and sustaining relationships, impacting clinical strategies and workflows that promote practice, patient satisfaction and improve value-based healthcare delivery. You will oversee the clinical, financial, human and capital resources of the facility, attend hospital general medical staff meetings and serve as a representative on hospital committees, and produce and manage FMD reports to appropriate regional medical director (RMD), senior vice president (SVP), executive vice president (EVP), and vice president operations (VPO). You will schedule, conduct and report on monthly or bi-monthly departmental meetings, manage staffing schedule and a core clinical team, produce and execute a yearly departmental strategic plan, and lead monthly goal progress meetings with hospital administration along with RMD and VPO and attending leadership training programs provided by TeamHealth.
California Applicant Privacy Act: https://www.teamhealth.com/california-applicant-privacy-notice/
- Lucrative compensation package including administrative stipend and performance bonuses
- Employed model with comprehensive benefits package
- Generous sign-on bonus and relocation allowance
- Paid professional liability insurance with tail coverage
- Complimentary professional development tools, educational resources and CME through the TeamHealth Institute
- Access to leadership development programs such as Leadership Education and Development (LEAD), Coach Development Academy (CDA), National Medical Leadership Conference (NMLC) and diversity and inclusion programs
- Gratis membership to SHM
- Beautiful 4 season climate
- Outstanding public and private schools
- Cost of living 16 % lower and home prices 29% lower than the National average
- Diverse community only 2 hours from Atlanta and less than 3 hours to charming coastal South Carolina
Augusta is located at the fall line of the Savannah River, at the head of its navigable portion. Augusta is the principal city of the Augusta-Richmond County Metropolitan Statistical Area, and is the third-largest city and the second-largest metro area in the state after Atlanta. It is best known for hosting The Masters golf tournament each spring, and is full of southern charm. Downtown Augusta boasts a thriving arts and food scene, with fabulous festivals, shopping, and restaurants.