If you have a passion for hospital medicine and prefer to work nights, TeamHealth has the perfect opportunity for you! Team Health is actively recruiting the best and the brightest to join our program at HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood in Kingwood, Texas, 20 miles Northeast of Houston, Texas. Be part of a collaborative practice environment where you are responsible for patient admissions and cross coverage calls from the floors. Enjoy a block schedule that allows you the ability to balance your career with your personal lifestyle interests.
TeamHealth is a physician-led, patient-focused company founded over 40 years ago by doctors, for doctors. Our success and stability as an industry leader in hospital medicine stems from the ingenuity, dedicated teamwork and integrity of our people. Our philosophy is as simple as our goal is singular: we believe better experiences for clinicians lead to better outcome for patients, partners, and clinicians alike. Join our team today!
Physicians must have a comfort level and passion for teaching residents to be successful in this program. Our team works a traditional 7-on, 7-off schedule working 7pm to 7am averaging 18-20 patients encounters per shift during the day for each hospitalist. At night our nocturnists handle admissions, cross floor rounding, and teaching/working with the residency students. There is an in-house intensivist program and rapid response team to run codes. The current EMR is Meditech across all HCA Houston Campuses. To be considered for this opportunity physicians must be board certified or eligible in internal medicine. 2023 new grads will be considered!
California Applicant Privacy Act: https://www.teamhealth.com/california-applicant-privacy-notice/
- Reputable and stable hospital medicine program
- Challenging and rewarding practice environment
- Regional medical center offering 500+ beds and all major specialties
- Flexible block schedule with 12-hour shifts
- Support of knowledgeable advanced practice clinicians in place
- Engaging medical director who genuinely cares about you and your well-being and professional growth
- Strong collaborative within the hospital medicine team, nursing staff and specialists
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program and referral program
- Customized Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM) membership with access to CME, exclusive access to educational resources, professional development opportunities, live events and a dynamic online community of hospitalists who actively shape and improve the practice of hospital medicine
The Bayou City
Number 4 in the U.S. by population, Houston is proud to be an international city, and the most ethnically diverse in the nation. Residents enjoy a low cost of living and a modern industry base with thriving energy, aerospace, healthcare and trade sectors. Only New York City is home to more Fortune 500 headquarters, and the Port of Houston makes it the top U.S. city for exports. Healthcare professionals will find a rich and vibrant medical community in the home of the world's largest medical center. The Texas Medical Center is comprised of more than 50 non-profit member organizations dedicated to teaching, research and patient care. Leading medical schools including The Baylor College of Medicine, and best in class specialty care institutions such as The Menninger Clinic and MD Anderson Cancer Center draw medical students, researchers, clinicians and patients from all over the world. Located within 50 miles of the Gulf of Mexico, Houston enjoys a year-round warm climate and a mean winter temperature of 53 degrees. Amenities including Rice University, the Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center, two international airports, major professional sports teams, thriving arts and culture, downtown living, and family-friendly suburbs make Houston a destination with something for everyone.