TeamHealth has an exciting opportunity for a physician leader to join our post-acute care team in Morganton, North Carolina. As a TeamHealth medical director your ability to enable each individual to function at the highest possible level of wellness is an essential part of providing compassionate care in a post-acute care environment.
Join our team and gain control over your practice by setting your own schedule and building a position that matches your lifestyle and career goals. Enjoy flexibility, opportunities for growth and support from a national clinician group focused on providing the highest quality integrated care.
Your primary responsibilities will include medical assessments, develop treatment plans, and medication management for adult and geriatric patients in a large skilled nursing facility. Enjoy the autonomy of an assigned caseload, flexible workday schedule, and collaboration with treatment team members to provide a higher level of patient care.
Physicians trained or practicing medicine in the following disciplines are encouraged to apply: family, geriatric, primary, internal, adult, post-acute, home health, hospice, and hospital medicine.
- Work 1 day per week, flexible hours
- Base and productivity compensation model paid bi-weekly
- Paid professional liability insurance with tail coverage
- Enjoy autonomy while you care for high acuity patients in need of medically complex care
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program and referral program
- Access to development tools, educational resources and free CME through the TeamHealth Institute
- Supported by the leading provider of facilities-based medicine and largest network of post-acute care clinicians
Live and work in "Nature's Playground." Morganton is an outdoor lover's playground with mountains up to 4,000 feet in elevation! Morganton is also home to The Pisgah National Forest, comprised of more than 500,000 acres that cover the northwest section of Burke County. The area is abundant with waterfalls, hiking trails, and opportunities for camping, cycling, fly fishing, boating, kayaking, snow skiing and horseback riding. Morganton is just minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway, South Mountain State Park and North Carolina's largest state park, Lake James State Park! In Morganton's vibrant downtown community you can find farm to table restaurants and local breweries that make Morganton a wonderful location to call home!