Live and work in the heart of the Bluegrass! Welcome to a place where tradition and progress meet. You have the opportunity to practice emergency medicine in a facility with a family-like atmosphere, strong advanced practice clinician support, and plenty of specialty back-up to make your shifts enjoyable. We ask that you be board certified or board eligible in emergency medicine, family medicine or internal medicine in addition to current ATLS, ACLS, and PALS certifications. Our 15-bed emergency department (ED) has a 25,000 annual patient volume averaging 1.9 patients per hour with low-medium acuity. We provide supportive and well-staffed nursing. Admit to your own colleagues with TeamHealth Hospital medicine program. J1 physicians are encouraged to apply!
- LifePoint facility with an appreciative CEO and administration who has the ED's best interest in all decisions
- Secure schedule with flexibility for all clinicians
- J1 physicians enjoy the support of an immigration specialist
- 24-hour physician coverage with 24 hours of strong advanced practice clinician coverage
- Signing bonus for full-time commitments
- Part-time and PRN opportunities are available
- Independent contractor status with these benefits
- Company paid professional liability insurance (including tail), CME benefits through the TeamHealth Institute, and concierge service
One of the region's best workplaces
Georgetown Community Hospital is a 75-bed acute care facility providing a comprehensive range of award-winning care to Georgetown, Kentucky and the surrounding areas of great Lexington. Georgetown has been named one of the "Best Places To Work in Kentucky" for five out of the last six years. A growing facility, Georgetown Community Hospital continues to add new medical services and expand the number of specialist and primary care physicians. The facility features an intensive care unit, medical and surgical unit and 24-hour emergency medicine. Georgetown is a Duke LifePoint Quality Affiliate committed to transforming and improving its culture of safety and providing the highest quality care.
Quaint, historic Georgetown!
Georgetown and Scott County, Kentucky, are ideally located just 10 miles north of Lexington, the Horse Capital of the World. The city is a blend of old and new, and Georgetown is noted for its profusion of historic houses and fine antiques shopping. Area back roads offer beautiful horse farms, Irish fieldstone fences, the meandering Elkhorn and Eagle Creeks, and rolling fields of tobacco and cattle. There are small, quaint communities like Stamping Ground and Sadieville. Elkhorn Creek, the inspiration for Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman, is favored by canoeists and fishermen. Other outdoor recreation includes camping, nature walks, golf, tennis, and swimming.