Are you an experienced hospitalist interested in advancing your career? If the answer is yes, TeamHealth has the perfect opportunity for you to join our team Hilo Medical Center in beautiful Hawaii! You will have the opportunity to lead this established program that consists of 12 full-time hospitalists. During the day there are 4 physicians to care for patients. On average there are 2 daytime admissions and 6 night admissions, and the average starting census is 14 patients.
In this role, full-time consists of 160 hours per month. You will enjoy blocked scheduling of a 5-on/5-off or 6-on/6-off model. There is some ICU management expectations with this opportunity, allowing you to expand your skills!
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity in a beautiful location, apply today!
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Excellent hourly rate
- Paid professional liability insurance and tail coverage
- Access to leadership development programs such as Leadership Education and Development (LEAD), Coach Development Academy (CDA), National Medical Leadership -Conference (NMLC) and diversity and inclusion programs
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources and CME through TeamHealth Institute
- Association with a leading physician practice in the U.S.
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Leadership and growth opportunities to further your career
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program
As the Big Island's leading provider of inpatient and outpatient care, Hilo Medical Center delivers a full range of services and programs. Our 20-acre campus consists of 275 beds located throughout the acute hospital, behavioral health unit and our long-term care facility. We have 1,000 employees and a medical staff comprised 250 community physicians, physician assistants and Advanced Practice Registered Nurses, representing 33 specialties. As a medical center, we have a network of 9 outpatient clinics offering primary and specialty care. The hospital is a Level III Trauma Center which includes the second busiest emergency room in the state that provides 24-hour care to more than 43,000 patients annually.
The laid-back city of Hilo, Hawaii, is built around crescent-shaped Hilo Bay on the coast of the Big Island. The largest city on the island, Hilo is near major attractions such as the Panaewa Rainforest Zoo, the Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden, and the Lyman Museum. Due to its size, the Big Island enjoys gentle seas all year on the leeward side, and of course there are many beautiful beaches. Hilo is an old sugar town, and many of its buildings date back to the turn of the 19th century. They show off the unique architecture of Hawaii, which combines splashes of western, Art Deco, and Renaissance revival influences.