TeamHealth has an exciting opportunity for a emergency medicine physician to join our emergency department (ED) team full-time at Banner Gateway Medical Center in Gilbert, Arizona. This 176-bed hospital has an annual volume of 50,000/year, 37 ED beds, 30 hours of daily advanced practice clinician (APC) coverage, and a fast track. There is an admission rate of 18%, a moderate acuity level, and a Level III trauma center. There are scribes in the ED, and the EMR is Cerner. Physicians work 10 hour shifts, and the facility features good specialty back up. Candidates must be residency complete in emergency medicine and/or board certified ABEM or AOBEM.
- Independent contractor model (1099)
- Competitive compensation
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Intangible benefits like the mentorship and support of a national network of world-class emergency medicine experts
- Exceptional network of physicians
- Access to TeamHealth clinician wellness program and referral program
- Association with a leading physician practice
- Member of TeamHealth's national Patient Safety Organization
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources and CME through the TeamHealth Institute
- Access to leadership development programs such as LEADership Fundamentals, LEAD (Leadership Education and Development), CDA (Coach Development Academy), the Diversity and Inclusion Committee, and the National Medical Leadership Conference (NMLC)
Banner Gateway Medical Center - Gilbert, Arizona
Banner Gateway provides excellent patient care through the latest medical technology, a relaxing healing environment, and a concentrated focus on patient and employee safety. Dedicated to healing the whole person, mind, body and soul, Banner Gateway Medical Center offers an enhanced healing environment for patients and their families.
High quality of life
Gilbert, with a population of 230,000 is just minutes from Scottsdale and Tempe and only a few hours from Tucson and Flagstaff. In 2014, 24/7 Wall St. ranked Gilbert as the 20th best city in the U.S. to live. Good schools and a low crime rate along with an active community were a few of the reasons Gilbert made this list.