TeamHealth has an excellent opportunity for a full-time intensivist to join our critical care team at St. Francis- Emory Healthcare, in Columbus, Georgia. Critical care/pulmonary training is strongly preferred. Candidates must be board certified or board eligible in internal medicine and critical care medicine.
Since opening their doors in 1950, the caregivers at St. Francis-Emory Healthcare have committed each day to providing the highest quality care in west Georgia and east Alabama. With 376 beds on two campuses, more than 2,500 associates, and 300 physicians, they offer a full range of inpatient, outpatient and emergency room services, including the only open-heart surgery program in Columbus and Chattahoochee Valley.
- Hourly compensation with quality and RVU bonus
- Signing and relocation incentives
- Employed model with health benefits and retirement
- Professional liability insurance with tail coverage
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program and referral program
- Association with a leading physician practice in the country
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources and CME through TeamHealth Institute
- Leadership and growth opportunities to further your career
Full range of care
St. Francis Hospital is a 376-bed facility employing more than 2,700 employees and 300 physicians. It provides inpatient, outpatient and emergency medicine services, and offers the only open heart surgery program in the area. In 2017, St. Francis received a 5-star rating from the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services. It is a highly ranked hospital and the only hospital in the region to have earned acute coronary syndrome care certification from the Joint Commission.
Directly across the Chattahoochee River, Columbus has a classically restored and lively downtown. It is only 90 minutes south of Atlanta, four hours from Savannah and a short drive to the beautiful, white sand beaches on the Florida Panhandle. Columbus has a strong public and private school system. Many companies are headquartered here. With a population of about 200,000, Columbus is home to many museums, including the National Civil War Naval Museum and Coca-Cola Space Science Museum. There is something for everyone in Columbus, from biking and white water rafting, to geocaching, bird-watching and zip lining. Take a stroll along the lovely pedestrian trail that winds through the city! Columbus has a humid subtropical climate with daytime summer temperatures often reaching highs in the mid-90s and low temperatures in the winter averaging in the upper 30s.