TeamHealth has an excellent opportunity for a full-time physician to join our emergency department (ED) team at South County Hospital in Wakefield, Rhode Island! Our 21-bed ED has a designated fast track and an annual volume of 27,000. We provide 24 hours of physician coverage and 24 hours of advanced practice clinician coverage daily at this beautiful facility just minutes from the ocean. Committed to quality care and united in vision, this ED team is dedicated to providing quality care for the Wakefield community. Find your ideal work-life balance with 8 hour shifts, employee benefits, and terrific compensation in this quaint area of South Kingstown.
Eligible candidates are ABEM or AOBEM board certified or board eligible within five years of residency.
- Employed status with full benefits; physician benefits include medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, short term disability, life insurance, a supplemental executive retirement plan, and more
- Competitive hourly rate
- Relocation assistance
- Paid professional liability insurance per state limits with tail coverage included
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program and referral program
- Practice with confidence as a member of TeamHealth's national Patient Safety Organization
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources and CME through the TeamHealth Institute
Leading facility in southern Rhode Island
South County Health is a premier healthcare provider in southern Rhode Island. Comprised of South County Hospital, South County Home Health, South County Medical Group and South County Surgical Supply, these facilities offer a comprehensive range of inpatient, outpatient and home health services. South County Hospital is an independent, non-profit, acute-care hospital offering the latest technology and care to the region it serves.
Just 32 miles from Providence and 18 miles from Newport, Wakefield is a beautiful coastal community that offers tranquil living with close proximity to the arts, academia, fine cuisine, and the attractions of Providence. The University of Rhode Island is also just a short distance away. The natural beauty of Wakefield can be enjoyed while golfing, boating, fishing, whale watching, or swimming and wading at public and private beaches.