TeamHealth has an excellent opportunity for a full-time Emergency Medicine Program Director to lead us in the development and implementation of a new Emergency Medicine Residency Program at Del Sol Medical Center in El Paso, Texas. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated leader to have input on building a program from the ground up - not only in service to this facility but to expanding the breadth of young physician training in El Paso, Texas.
Candidates must possess excellent interpersonal, administrative, and team-building skills. You will enjoy having complete hospital dedication and financial support for developing a top-quality program.
- Requisite specialty expertise and documented educational and administrative expertise acceptable to the review committee.
- Current certification in the specialty by the American Board of Emergency Medicine.
- Current medical licensure and appropriate medical staff appointment.
- At least three years’ experience as a clinician administrator, and educator in emergency medicine.
- Membership on the program’s core teaching faculty.
- Demonstration of active involvement in: Continuing emergency medicine education; State, regional, or national societies; Presentations, publications, and other scholarly activities
- Must not work more than 20 hours per week clinically on average
El Paso lies in far west Texas and is the 19th most populous city in the U.S. Standing on the Rio Grande, El Paso is across the U.S./Mexico border from Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico, so the city is loaded with history and historic places. The Franklin Mountains extend into El Paso from the north and nearly divide the city into two sections: the west side forming the beginnings of the Mesilla Valley and the east side expanding into the desert and lower valley. At an elevation of 3,800 feet above sea level, with the highest peak in the city being North Franklin Mountain at 7,192 feet above sea level, El Paso is also home to the 24,000-acre Franklin Mountains State Park, the largest urban park in the United States.