TeamHealth seeks a clinical department chair-psychiatrist to lead a small department of psychiatry at Good Samaritan Hospital in San Jose, California.
Advance your career providing safe, high-quality care as chair of the department of psychiatry and as the leader of TeamHealth's behavioral health team at Good Samaritan Hospital in San Jose, California. Candidates must be board certified.
Join TeamHealth and gain autonomy and control over your practice by building a position that matches your lifestyle and career goals. Enjoy flexibility, opportunities for growth and support from a national clinician group focused on providing the highest quality integrated care.
TeamHealth's acute care team delivers medical and behavioral healthcare in an integrated care model to primarily geriatric patients in more than 2,000 post-acute facilities nationwide. Driven by our commitment to quality and safety, we are proud to be one of the largest integrated healthcare providers in the country.
- The primary focus, but not exclusive will be on the inpatient unit–adults only
- Manage daily staffing consisting of a part-time staff psychiatrist and a part-time neuropsychologist
- Follow a consistent Monday-Friday schedule, with set hours and no restriction on a private practice after hours.
- Weekend call is optional for additional pay
- 14-16 PPD average
- 18-bed psychiatric unit; inpatient ADC 15
- Sign-on bonus and relocation assistance
- Access to TeamHealth Leadership training program
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program and referral program
- Access to development tools, educational resources and CME through the TeamHealth Institute
- Paid professional liability insurance (including tail)
Good Samaritan Hospital
This acute care hospital is located in the heart of Silicon Valley with two locations, the main campus in San Jose and Mission Oaks campus in Los Gatos. Good Samaritan Hospital is recognized as a leader in neurosciences, high-risk obstetrics, comprehensive cancer services, advanced cardiology and innovative surgery techniques. Good Samaritan Hospital - San Jose was the first of five hospitals in the country and the first in Santa Clara County to become a Stroke Certified Hospital. Good Samaritan Hospital is also a county-designated STEMI receiving center.
San Jose, California
San Jose is the economic, cultural and political center of Silicon Valley and the largest city in Northern California. Surrounded by rolling hills, San Jose is the major technology hub in California's Bay Area. Nicknamed the Capital of Silicon Valley, San Jose is home to many global tech companies including Cisco Systems, eBay, Adobe Systems, PayPal, Brocade, Samsung and Western Digital, to name a few. Downtown San Jose features the Tech Museum of Innovation, devoted to the exploration of science and technology. The city boasts many performing arts companies, including Opera San Jose, Symphony Silicon Valley, Ballet San Jose Silicon Valley and the San Jose Museum of Art, one of the nation's premiere Modern Art museums. It is also home to the NHL's San Jose Sharks. San Jose has a subtropical Mediterranean climate with a yearly average of 301 days of sunshine and an annual mean temperature of 60.5 degrees, perfect weather for hiking on its 54 miles of scenic urban trail network, fishing and boating on Lake Cunningham, playing disc golf at Kelly Park or strolling through one of San Jose's 200+ local parks.