TeamHealth is a physician-owned and physician-led practice with an excellent opportunity for emergency medicine physicians (EM) to join the team working a mix of days and nights or as dedicated nocturnists with the option to work full-time, part-time, or on a PRN basis at Waterbury Hospital, Waterbury, Connecticut. We have an exceptional and experienced chairman of emergency medicine, who lives locally, leading our team of emergency medicine physicians and advanced practice clinician, and have a great relationship with our hospital leadership team.
We are confirming interviews for board certified ABEM and AOBEM physicians or board eligible within 5 years of residency. The facility requires active Connecticut Medical License, CRS, DEA, ACLS, and PALS. Experienced, new grads, J-1 and H-1 Visa physicians are encouraged to apply.
Waterbury Hospital is a world-class, award-winning, hospital featuring a cardiac catheterization laboratory, stroke center, STEMI, and cardiac center with 24-hour diagnostic imaging, 24-hour behavioral health crisis management, and triage services for adolescents and adults. Additionally, there is medical helicopter transport available for acute patients in partnership with Yale-New Haven Hospitals.
- TeamHealth is a physician-owned and physician-led practice
- Full clinical autonomy
- Employee model with competitive compensation
- Excellent work-life balance with flexible online scheduling
- Support from local facility and regional emergency medicine physician leadership team
- Professional development tools, educational resources, and CME through the TeamHealth Institute
- Leadership and growth opportunities to further your career
- Full-time status includes: medical, dental, vision, FSA, FMLA, workers compensation, short-term/long-term disability, unemployment insurance, life insurance, clinician wellness program, 401k, executive retirement plan, relocation assistance, and potential for a retention bonus
- Support includes: Patient Safety Organization, litigation risk management, Clinician enrollment, billing, coding, clinical documentation, compliance, recruitment, and additional physician and advanced practice clinician staffing resources to cover schedules to prevent clinician burnout
Waterbury Hospital is a world-class, award-winning private acute care teaching hospital licensed for 357 beds, Level II trauma center, and affiliated with the Yale School of Medicine, the University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Connecticut Children's Medical Center, and Quinnipiac University Frank H Netter MD School of Medicine. Residencies include Internal Medicine, General Surgery, and Pharmacy
The quality of healthcare delivered here is continually recognized by various national organizations. US News and World Report 2022 ranked Waterbury Hospital as a high-performing hospital by U.S. News and World Report for quality treatment of patients suffering from stroke, heart failure, and kidney failure in the recently released 2022-23 Best Hospital Edition.
The rankings are the latest in quality distinctions for Waterbury Hospital, which was ranked among the top 10 in the nation to receive the Coronary Intervention Excellence Award by Healthgrades. In addition, Waterbury Hospital is a Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Attack in 2022, according to new research released by Healthgrades, the leading resource that connects consumers, physicians, and health systems. Earlier this year, Waterbury Hospital was ranked a three-star hospital by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid, increasing by one star from the prior year.
Waterbury Health has invested in new technology and added new sophisticated services for patients including transaortic heart valve replacement (without open heart surgery) and a new interventional radiology suite that provides additional services including more targeted treatment of liver cancers. Later this year, Waterbury Health is adding to its neurosurgery services.
Welsome to the Brass City!!
Waterbury is located on the Naugatuck River, 30 miles from Hartford and almost 80 miles from New York City. In 2008, NBC's Today named Waterbury one of the 100 best places to raise a family based on quality of life and safety, quality of schools, student-teacher ratios, test scores and budgets. Whether you're looking to enjoy a Broadway play at the historic Palace Theater, take in an art exhibit at the Mattatuck Museum, travel through time at the Timexpo Museum, or hit the fairway at one of our courses, you'll find it in Waterbury.