TeamHealth has an exciting opportunity for a board certified OB/Gyn hospitalist(MD or DO) to provide intermittent coverage for our OB/Gyn hospitalist program starting up in Shelbyville, Indiana, at Major Hospital! Put the passion back into practicing medicine by taking control of your time! Enjoy the freedom and flexibility of being an OB/Gyn hospitalist. This program entails covering 12-hour weeknights with 24-hour weekend and holiday coverage! You will be collaborating with the community physicians in the care of their patients on labor and delivery and the main emergency department.
The ideal clinician will be willing to provide quality care, demonstrate clinical excellence in the full breadth of the OB/Gyn specialty, with superior communication skills. The ability to drive patient safety and quality initiatives required by TeamHealth's Patient Safety Organization, be insurable for professional liability insurance, and have the confidence to be the only covering physician in the event of an emergency. An active Indiana license is a plus!
- Excellent supplemental opportunity
- Competitive pay
- Liability insurance with tail coverage provided
- No billing or coding responsibilities
- Paid professional liability insurance with tail guarantee
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Team based approach to OB/Gyn hospitalist care
- Ongoing clinical and operations leadership to support a successful program
- Access to TeamHealth's wellness program, professional development tools and nation-wide network of OB/Gyn physicians
Shelbyville, Indiana, is located in central Indiana and is within the Indianapolis metro area. Enjoy living in this beautiful town with easy access to the big city amenities that Indianapolis has to offer. The city is located at the fork of the Little Blue and Big Blue Rivers, offering water activities as well! You'll learn why locals love calling Shelbyville home.