TeamHealth has an excellent opportunity for an emergency medicine physician to join our team at CHI Health Mercy -Council Bluffs in Council Bluffs, Iowa. Council Bluffs is one of the fastest-growing cities in Iowa! This dynamic city is home to a broad array of public art, outdoor leisure, and other attractions. The city is a major part of the Omaha-Council Bluffs metropolitan region and Omaha's most populated suburb. It's across the river from Omaha, Nebraska, on the Missouri River's east bank.
Council Bluffs has an annual volume of about 36,000 and features 22 beds. Clinicians see 1.7 patients per hour, and there are 26 hours of physician coverage and 16 hours of advanced practice clinician (APC) coverage with a 15% admission rate. The EMR is Epic.
- Competitive compensation
- Paid professional liability insurance and tail coverage
- Access to professional development tools, educational
resources and CME through the TeamHealth Institute
- Potential career growth opportunities
- AHRQ listed Patient Safety Organization
- Autonomy within each emergency department
- Employee status with benefits
- Paid professional liability insurance
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Council Bluffs is a great place to live and raise a family. It's steeped in history, natural beauty, and there is pride in the community, economic development and the progressive schools. It has been referred to as the Gateway to American West. It is noted for the beautiful Loess Hills, scenery, and outdoor recreation.